Want to make a difference in someones life?
If you have patience, empathy and a true desire to care for those in need, you will love working as a Certified Medication Aide (CMA)! In this role, you have an opportunity to leave a lasting impact on our guests. We look for candidates who are prompt, dedicated and enjoy caring for others.
Our facility is looking for a Qualified Medication Aide (QMA) to carefully dispense medication to patients. In this position, you will work under the supervision of an RN and assist staff members as needed. You are responsible for making sure patients take the right medications at the right time. Our ideal candidate has experience in elderly care, long term care, or memory care at a nursing home, assisted living facility, or hospital. We are seeking someone who can provide the highest standard of care for our residents and patients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Dispense patient medications
- Track all prescription and non-prescription drugs that you administer, keeping meticulous records of dosage times and amounts
- Ensure patients take their medication
- Follow all facility standards and regulations to ensure the safety of patients and staff
Requirements And Qualifications
- Current Medication Aide certification
- At least one year of experience, ideally in an assisted living, memory care, or elderly care setting
- BLS certification
- Passion for caring for others
- Interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail
The Laurel Health Care Company offers one of the leading employee benefit packages in the industry. This includes:
- Comprehensive health insurance – medical, dental and vision
- 401K with matching funds
- DailyPay , a voluntary benefit that allows associates at our facilities the ability to access their pay when they need it.
- Paid time off (beginning after six months of employment) and paid holidays
- Flexible scheduling
- Tuition reimbursement and student loan forgiveness
- Zero cost uniforms
- Legacy, our new virtual community and rewards & recognitions program
About Laurel Health Care Company
Laurel Health Care Company (The Laurels) is a national provider of skilled nursing, subacute, rehabilitative and assisted living services dedicated to achieving the highest standards of care.
At The Laurels, caring is more than providing excellent medical and guest services. It’s also being a companion, and treating each guest with the utmost dignity, respect and compassion. It’s what we call “The Laurel Way of Caring”, and it comes from within each one of us.
The Laurels was named a Great Place to Work for 2020 based on approximately 3,500 employee surveys that evaluated more than 60 elements of employee experience on the job, including employee pride in community impact, belief that their work makes a difference, and feeling their work has special meaning.