The Publishing Support Specialist, reporting to the Manager, Writer/Publisher Relations, will work directly with TuneCore Publishing artists and songwriters to help them distribute their music online, submit songs for publishing administration, answer royalty questions, and resolve general queries related to publishing administration. This role will be responsible for providing client support in a customer facing role but also working collaboratively across departments to perform various administrative and operational tasks to ensure world class service is upheld and value maximized for each client.
The ideal candidate has abasic understanding of publishing administration, copyright laws and music licensing. They also have strong written communication and organizational skills.
- Answer emails and phone calls to help clients distribute their music, submit songs for administration and manage their publish rights.
- Educate and assist clients with song submissions ensuring accurate data and splits are submitted and validated.
- Resolve issues and questions TuneCore Publishing clients have about TuneCore products and services.
- Provide reporting on client and product issues.
- Efficiently execute the flow of day-to-day operations, prioritize workload, and handle client tickets in a timely manner ensuring CSAT and SLA targets are maintained.
- Respond to basic questions about copyright/IP from clients.
- Provide publishing client account management; auditing song submissions and registrations ensuring clients are maximizing their catalogue value.
- Support publishing client acquisition and upsell initiatives identifying leads for client and asset acquisition.
- Assist with both one-to-one and one-to-many upsell functions either leading or supporting the events.
- Providing support to copyright and income tracking teams to ensure clients are being accurately paid and submitting songs for administration.
- In conjunction with AI software, listen, curate and tag incoming music submissions for TuneCore Sync service.
- Work cross-functionally to resolve copyright and ownership disputes.
- Contribute to a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards and optimization.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- 1+ years of prior experience working at a publishing company or collection society preferred but not desired.
- 1-2 years of general customer-facing experience in a technical or entertainment industry environment.
- Experience working with creatives preferred.
- BA/BS/JD preferred.
- Excellent communications skills: written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Intermediate understanding of copyright/IP in a high-tech environment
- Proactive, energetic attitude with a desire to work in a results-oriented and deadline-driven environment.
- Familiarity with Jira or other issue-tracking software.
- Experience with Zendesk or equivalent customer service software
- Experience with society public repertory research
- Proficient in Google Docs and Microsoft Office
- Experience with digital content management systems (especially iTunes Connect, Spotify Catalogue Manager and YouTube Creator Studio) preferred