Wagner College has launched a presidential strategic initiative to establish new business and community partnerships that mutually benefit the college and the Staten Island and greater NYC communities. These partnerships and external programs will be facilitated by the newly established division of External Affairs, which integrates community, business, and government affairs and the Department for Lifelong Learning, in close coordination with interdivisional teams spanning many areas of the college.
The Project Manager will provide extensive project management and market research in support of this initiative and will provide operational support across the External Affairs portfolio. This role will typically work Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 4:30pm, however occasional evening and weekend work will be required. This role will be eligible for a hybrid work arrangement, subject to the conditions of Wagner College’s Hybrid Work Arrangement Policy.
Organizational Relationship: The Project Manager will report to the Chief of Staff and also work under guidance of the Director of Lifelong Learning. The Project Manager will work closely with the Assistant Director of Lifelong Learning, with interdivisional campus partners, and with key external business and community stakeholders.
Project management and market research for partnership implementation
- Manage short- and mid-term projects as assigned to include independent and collaborative preparation and delivery of reports, market analyses, proposals, and project plans to drive implementation and institutionalization of new business and community partnerships and other external programs.
- Conduct high-quality market research and analysis to inform strategy for outreach, implementation, growth, and scaling.
- Coordinate and collaborate effectively with implementation partners across the college and external stakeholders, marshaling support and resources to meet ambitious goals.
- Guide implementation and make effective use of project management and data tools to plan projects and make data-informed assessments of progress and outcomes.
- Support divisional goal-setting and OKR cycles and tracking progress against goals.
- Engage in grant-seeking and other fundraising activities of the office.
Business operations support for lifelong learning and external programs
- Outreach & Marketing Support: Support development of strategy and marketing collateral for digital and print outreach for Lifelong Learning and External Affairs programs. Prepare reports on marketing initiatives for evaluation and improvement. Represent External Affairs at off-site events to reach potential new students and clients.
- Film & Photo Shoots: Plan and facilitate film and photo shoots on campus, working with campus partners to secure locations and support services for shoots. Prepare contracts, billing invoices, and process payrolls for Wagner employees. Provide or coordinate day-of support for shoots.
- Provide operational support as needed across the External Affairs portfolio, to include lifelong learning, external programs, and government and community relations.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Management had the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Bachelor’s degree required plus at least 2 years experience in project management, market research, or business operations, nonprofit or higher education experience a plus
- Key skills and dispositions: Strong organization and project management skills; Demonstrated ability to develop and sustain effective relationships with diverse stakeholders in support of goals; Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Strong proficiency in Google Workspace; Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, discretion, and attention to detail; Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities
- Prior experience with these technical tools is a plus: CRM platforms such as Slate, Salesforce, or RE NXT; Project management tools such as Asana, Jira, or Trello; Graphic design tools such as Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator; Data analysis and visualization tools like Tableau or Google Data Studio
- Commitment to higher education and the mission and goals of Wagner College
Wagner College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wagner College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.