Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree in urban studies, real estate, event planning, a similar field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience placemaking, retail, and community partnership development with oversight for multiple sites.
- 7 years of experience with leadership, stakeholder management, and strategy development.
- Experience working in commercial real estate, government or related nonprofits.
- Experience with retail strategy, retail merchandising plans, asset management, and commercial real estate.
- Experience in operating and executing major placemaking programs and strategically driving regional or city solutions around placemaking needs.
- Experience in navigating highly political, fast-paced environments.
- Experience in forging alliances between diverse and often adversarial constituencies.
- Excellent detail-oriented, written and verbal communication, and judgment skills with the ability to assess and forge partnerships.
- Outstanding leadership and strategic skills with the ability to prioritize evolving initiatives in a fast-paced environment and turn ideas and capabilities into effective initiatives that engage all stakeholders.
About The Job
As a Program Manager for Urban Activation, you will support the development and program approach to scale Real Estate and Workplace Services (REWS) placemaking strategy and ground floor activations at key global sites. You will support the inspiration of a welcoming urban environment around our work to promote trust, equity, belonging, and value for our neighborhoods. You will be responsible for scaling our global approach through the creation of tools, processes, and partnerships to activate key worksites with a wide variety of programs related to arts, retail, urban design, and community events. Traveling to global sites will be needed.
The Real Estate and Workplace Services (REWS) team creates inspiring spaces and innovative services that bring Google’s culture and values to life. We build and maintain all aspects of what keeps our Googley workspaces operating seamlessly across multiple cities and regions globally. We also manage the industry-leading services that help make Google a great place to work — from how we design healthy and collaborative workspaces, create energizing food experiences, provide convenient transportation and fitness options, to delivering inclusive environments where Google and our employees can thrive.
- Create guidance and business model justifications for systematic opportunities optimizing the use of Google’s real estate assets, venues, programs and services for Urban Activation initiatives at key sites around the world.
- Engage and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders across Google’s real estate portfolio through steering committees and regular communications.
- Build business cases to create scopes of work to deliver Urban Activation programs on campus with select vendor partners, create vendor staffing resourcing plans and maintain vendor relationships.
- Develop and manage annual and quarterly results, key performance indicators, budgets, and work plans to deliver on long term strategic goals for placemaking at Google sites around the world.
- Maintain a strategic framework for commercial, community and retail partnership opportunities at key Google worksites around the world.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .