The product manager will act as a conduit between customers and our engineering team. The product manager will work with customers to understand their needs and desires and have the technical skills to work with engineers to deliver those requirements. The expected output is a commercial product that enterprise customers love and value.
Immediate priority for the product manager is to work with all relevant teams to understand the current state of the product release and take up the responsibility from there. The product manager will be the product expert and need to familiarize with cloud-based software and services including cyber security and architectures.
As a Product Manager – Software, Digital Cold Chain, You Will:
- Be responsible for Product, Pricing, Positioning and Placement of SaaS
- Set strategic direction and roadmap of SaaS and Connected Services collaboration software.
- Be familiar with our own offering versus that of competitors.
- Identify complementing solutions, alliances, and partners to drive business growth of SaaS
- Understand what our competitive advantages are. Make them known to developers and management alike. Drive to make these attributes obvious in our product portfolio. Then finally ensure that these are communicated clearly to prospects.
- Track user feedback and prioritize for implementation
- Understand the balance of new features versus sustaining improvements.
- Deliver proposed licensing strategies and results to Executive Management
Drive progress on development by:
- Working with Sales, Product Managers, and customers to identify the needs.
- Working with Management to get alignment on the business case and sales channel
- Work with Emerson cross business unit related to the software interfaces to Emerson software and hardware.
- Working with Engineering to drive implementation
- Create direction statements for new interface development and work with technology on New Product Development
- Drive 4 Ps of marketing for software interfaces – Product, Price, Positioning and Placement to ensure success.
- Set strategy for future license revenues.
- Provide recommendations on the licensing and pricing strategy.
- Provide recommended discounts to Sales.
- Work with the marketing communication to ensure the products are promoted to drive sales revenue.
- Typical activities: Develop Product Data Sheets, Brochures, Videos, Press Releases, email campaigns, Whitepapers, sales FAQ etc.
- Ensure product presentations are available on sales portal
- Co-develop advertising if applicable
- Deliver virtual sessions to ensure Sales are trained.
- Participate in Sales Training events to interface to Sales
- Ensure that we are covered in standards development and that none of the emerging standards prevent or prohibit participation. Work with other PMs, Industry team, Customer feedback and Sales team on this.
- Discounting to street pricing is the responsibility of Sales
- Technology is responsible for architecture of products
- Technology is responsible for delivering all products to Operations
- Channel strategy is the responsibility of sales management
- Procurement of products is the role of Operations.
- Once product is introduced in the market, sales support is the responsibility of Sales Enablement team. Engage upon the request of sales or management.
Measure of Success
- Successful release of new products and features
- Growth enablement via roadmap planning
Who you are:
You are an individual that’s thrives in an environment where you are the liaison between customers and internal stakeholders and creates a win/win environment for both. Have strong experience in project management, self-starter, and impact & influence skills.
We offer the flexibility of a core hour work schedule. Employees can flex their start and stop times given they are working during the core hours of 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM MST. Employees can also choose to work in the office 2 days per week and from home the other 3 days.
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Candidates are expected to have a strategic mindset, drive vision and purpose and be interpersonal savvy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- 2-5 years’ experience in product management
Emerson places a high value on ensuring that team members have a good work-life balance. We provide access to a competitive benefits package, including the following: medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401k participation with a competitive immediate match, tuition reimbursement, parental leave, and an immediate vacation accrual and holiday leave are available, including a shutdown from December 24th through New Year’s Day. Team member resource groups ensure that the Emerson values are incorporated into everyday team member life.
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable.
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy.
Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities, and the world through our unwavering focus on environmental, social, and regulatory progress. Learn more about us!
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more. We also provide you flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives – and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our Culture & Values and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Emerson .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran stat
us. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: email@example.com .
Emerson is a leading global technology, software and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
We help customers in the world’s most essential industries solve the biggest challenges of modern life.
Every day, our global workforce fulfills our unified Purpose and lives out the Values we hold close as an organization: Integrity, Safety & Quality, Support Our People, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Collaboration, and Innovation.
Our Causes – Planet, Humanity, Champion, Inclusion and Future – shape, define and fuel Emerson’s culture while inspiring our innovative spirit and driving our focus.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring possibilities, or recently received your master’s degree, you’ll find opportunities with us. Join our team and start your journey today!
No calls or agencies please.