Does collaborating with a team to deliver the finest produce presentation sound exciting? Does working in the most popular department sound like a challenge you want to take on? Does teaching and showing customers every day the benefits of fresh produce sound fascinating? Do you have a passion for delivering an extraordinary customer service experience while working in a fast paced and friendly environment? If the thought of helping people make healthy choices in one of the fastest growing retailers is up your alley – then we need YOU to join our winning team at Sprouts Farmers Market as a Produce Clerk!
Overview Of Responsibilities
As a Produce Clerk at Sprouts Farmers Market – you will be living our name on a daily basis! All of our produce is farm fresh, and must be handled, prepared and merchandised properly to deliver the highest level of customer service and satisfaction in our store. A Produce Clerk at Sprouts Farmers Market sustains a high level of product knowledge and product preparation. You can expect to stock the Produce department; which includes presentation of product, facing, filling, and organization of all product items as set by the Produce Department schematics and ensuring tag and pricing accuracy. As a Produce Clerk at Sprouts, you are also responsible for the proper stocking and rotation of merchandise in the Produce Department, including trimming, watering, and merchandising of products to ensure fresh, high quality offerings. A Produce Clerk ensures proper inventory control to maximize product freshness and availability, and answers questions from customers in a friendly and helpful manner. If you’re someone who thrives in a fast pace environment then we want to hear from you!
Team Members under the age of 18 will be restricted from the following tasks:
- Using a knife (other than safety cutters)
- Using a ladder
- Operating garbage or cardboard compactor
- Operating any motor/electronically powered equipment (including manual pallet jacks)
- Working in coolers or freezers for prolonged periods of time
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Be dependable and reliable having the ability to work flexible schedule that changes, including night, weekends, and holidays
- Have and show a mutual respect for others, maintain a high-level code of ethics within Sprouts culture of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Have a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers
- Have good communication skills; and the ability to take direction and participate in a team environment
- Be able to perform repetitious activities, and can multi-task, prioritize and stay organized
- Requires standing, walking, bending, climbing throughout the entire work day and the ability to lift, stack and maneuver heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs., from 4” to 72”, for a distance up 3 feet for between 10-50 hours without mechanical assistance. Able to maneuver a utility cart holding 20 lbs. requiring a force up to 35 lbs., up to 2 hours, a distance up to 20 feet.
- Be able to walk up to 5 miles in an 8 hour shift
- Adhere to all safety, health, OSHA and Weights and Measures regulations
- Be able to perform other related duties as assigned.
The pay range for this position is $14.05 – $19.65 / hour. Sprouts Farmers Market determines pay based on applicable experience and qualifications of the applicant.
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include:
- Competitive pay
- Sick time plan that you can use to support you or your immediate families health
- Vacation accrual plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Contests and appreciation events throughout the year full of prizes, food and fun!
Eligibility Requirements May Apply For The Following Benefits
- Bonus based on company and/or individual performance
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental and vision
- Health Savings Account with company match
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid short-term disability coverage
- Paid parental leave for both mothers and fathers
- Paid holidays
Get Paid Every Day!
Sprouts Farmers Market offers DailyPay – if you’re hired as an eligible employee, you’ll be able to transfer the money you’ve already earned at no extra cost, and get it the next business day, for free. We offer DailyPay so you don’t have to wait for payday to access the money you’ve already worked for. With DailyPay, you can see how much you’ve made every day and you can transfer your money any time before payday.
You can learn more by visiting https://www.dailypay.com/partners/sprouts-farmers-market/.
Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer’s market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts’ management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Sprouts will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance.
California Residents: We collect information in accordance with California law, please see here for more information.