Amazon Advertising enables businesses to showcase their products and their brand to customers shopping on and off Amazon across the world. A fast-growing, innovative and strategically important function of the wider business, Amazon Advertising continues to evolve through new products and advertising capabilities, and reach new territories. Customers range from the world’s biggest brands to small entrepreneurs, with businesses using Amazon Advertising to drive discovery of their products, build their brand, grow sales and create engaging shopper interactions.
A critical component of our charter is to support advertisers in building their brand over the long-term using our suite of self-service, cost-per-click advertising products. Our team is tasked with making it easy for sellers and vendors to use advertising to elevate their brand, connect with customers and drive sales. Improving an advertiser’s effectiveness means we help their overall business performance, create a better shopping experience for customers, and establish Amazon as a destination for businesses looking to build their brand.
We are looking for a Principal General Marketing Manager who will lead a new scaled marketing and education program designed to help businesses get the best out of our advertising offering. In this role, you are responsible for driving adoption of our suite of advertising products and helping businesses develop the right tactics and skills to succeed. Working with stakeholders across Marketing, Product Marketing, Advertiser Education, Product teams, Marketing Science and 1-1 customer support, you will coordinate an engaging, large-scale program delivered through one-to-many, one-to-few and one-to-one marketing channels.
Heading up a project team that draws from across Amazon Advertising, you will use latest customer intelligence and insights to build a scalable, compelling advertiser experience. You are connected to the different advertising product owners and roadmaps, and combine a broad, holistic view of the advertising landscape with tight tactical plans for rolling out the program. You are able to project manage a complex program, set objectives, analyze data, and drive improvements that are quantified with metrics, while building a consistent, rich experience for our advertisers. In addition, you are able to influence and drive larger initiatives across internal/external teams and engineering teams to improve the customer experience to support brand advertising. You never lose sight of the customer, and can think creatively about how to connect with businesses of all sizes.
The ideal candidate for this role will have strong project management skills, be effective at building trust, and capable of delivering continuous improvement through test-and-learn initiatives within pursuit of a broader vision. You are able to influence across functions and teams, and can generate support from multiple stakeholders. You have a data-driven approach and can think creatively about how to engage with customers. You are able to provide input on marketing tactics and messaging, but think big and operate at scale to deliver results. You will be a strong communicator who can manage the flow of information upwards to leadership and out to stakeholders, and capable of writing crisp, clear program updates and deep-dive documents. You should be comfortable with ambiguity and complex challenges, handling multiple initiatives simultaneously and prioritizing work accordingly to contribute to ambitious growth plans.
- 9+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
- Experience driving direction and alignment with cross-functional teams
- Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
- Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to senior leadership
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Engineering, or other related area
- SQL knowledge
- Previous advertising, retail, and/or tech business experience with respect to programs and marketing
- Decisive, action-oriented, and able to motivate, inspire, and influence cross-functional teams
- Ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done
- Strong drive for results, with the ability to manage independently and take calculated risks
- Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1543882