Upstart is a leading AI lending platform partnering with banks and credit unions to expand access to affordable credit. As we transitioned to being a public company, we’re now poised to leverage our domain expertise and revolutionize every aspect of lending and credit risk evaluation. We’ve recently expanded our offerings to include automobile refinancing and we plan to take on more verticals as the business grows.
By leveraging Upstart’s AI platform, Upstart-powered banks and credit unions can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. Upstart not only supports a large remote workforce, but also has offices in San Mateo, CA; Columbus, OH; and Austin, TX.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
Upstart is hiring our first mobile engineer to help us achieve our mission of enabling effortless credit based on true risk! As a Principal iOS Engineer at Upstart, you’ll enjoy significant autonomy in designing, architecting, and implementing well-tested Objective-C software which powers experiences in Upstart’s first iOS app. You’ll conceptualize, develop, and launch new features, while carefully evaluating the technical tradeoffs of every decision. Your work will set the bar for all future mobile application development at Upstart for years to come!
Position Location – This role is available in the following locations: Remote, San Mateo, Columbus
Time Zone Requirements – This team operates across all US time zones.
Travel Requirements – This team has regular on-site collaboration sessions, these occur 3 days per quarter. If you need to travel to make these meetups, Upstart will cover all travel related expenses.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Create and refine high performance mobile apps
- Build fun, new products that are very stable and run smoothly
- Design, architect and implement well-tested Objective-C software which powers experiences in Upstart’s iOS app
- Conceptualize, develop, and launch new features
- Carefully evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision
- Work with the Design team to hone in on the best UI and infrastructure practices
- Carry out code reviews to guarantee code quality
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum requirements:
- BS/BA degree in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent years of experience
- 9+ years of experience in developing mobile applications for the iOS environment
- Preferred qualifications:
- Experience with Objective-C and iOS
- Experience with Swift
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience with React Native
What you’ll love:
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Personal Development and Technology & Ergonomic Budgets
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Clubs and Activities (Game Nights, Fitstarters, Superwomen, Book Club, Investing Club, Money Discussions, Photography Club and Basketball teams)
- Generous vacation policy
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks
The minimum base pay for this position in Colorado is $177,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This information is provided in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay Act. It is specific to Colorado and may not be applicable to other locations.
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.