For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
The Playoff Production Assistant will be responsible for assisting in all aspects associated with digital content for the LA Kings. This position’s main purpose is to assist with the shooting, editing and creation of memorable and entertaining content for LAKings.com, Social Media, Marketing and Game Presentation. This position will provide support to the Production department by cutting and logging game footage, assisting with on-location shoots, editing video features and in-game content, and research and office tasks as assigned.
- Assist with all aspects of sports video production including but not limited to: shooting, editing, producing, production assistant duties, etc.
- Collect releases on behalf of the LA King’s Production team
- Traffic cards from shooters to onsite editors on game days and relevant productions
- Support producer with shooting interviews, b-roll, editing and distribution of day-to-day videos.
- Aide producer with archiving and logging footage, highlight melts/ assistant editing.
- Assist with distribution and editing of game highlights and in-arena features on a need-be basis.
- Assist at various shoots and perform department clerical/research tasks on an as needed basis.
- Assist with pregame and postgame interviews and distribution.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The Production Assistant must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skill and abilities:
- Must have college training in film or broadcast journalism
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word; ability to learn required business systems
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work well as a member of a hard-working team to meet tight deadlines
- High School Diploma or its equivalency
- Film or Broadcast Journalism focus preferred
- 0-2 years of related work experience
- Experience using Adobe Premiere Pro CC. preferred
- Experience shooting on professional-grade video cameras a plus
Pay Scale: $17.00
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.