YOUR JOB IS MORE THAN A JOB
Why a Great Place To Work
Youre more than your job. Everyone is. And thats what makes you great at your joball the little extras you bring to work every day, the things that make you you. At LCMC Health we value those things about you, because we know that all those little extras add up to extraordinary. And weve built a culture that supports and celebrates the extraordinary. Youll see it when you come to work here, in the spirit of our places and the faces of our people. And every patient we heal, every family we comfort, every life we improve is the outcome of countless little extras adding up to an extraordinary result. Join LCMC Health, and youll find that our everyday makes it easy to live your extraordinary.
The Patient Sitter is responsible for providing a safe environment for the patient under the direction of the medical seniors on duty. Supports the patient care team as well as attending to certain, specific needs of the patient. Provides direct observation of assigned patients to ensure safety and prevention of injury. Reaches out to the nursing staff if the patient requires assistance or other nursing intervention outside of the scope of expertise. Receives reports from existing nurses about any patient specific behaviors to observe.
Provides constant observation and monitoring of assigned patients to ensure safety and prevention of injury:
- Obtains hand-off from the off going sitter or nurse to include information regarding the patients identified care needs, diagnosis, visual, auditory or language barriers, as well as any special considerations and behaviors to monitor.
- Greets patient, identifies self and explains purpose. Positions self to maintain constant visual observation of the patient. Never leaves the patient alone or out of sight unless specifically instructed by the nurse.
- Obtains instruction from nurse regarding ambulation limitations and course of action for redirection of patient if needed.
- Observes patients activity and behavior and communicates on a regular basis to the nurse. Immediately notifies the nurse if patient displays behaviors that are out of the ordinary or there is an attempt to escape or there has been a change in the health status of the patient.
- Provides for patient comfort, safety and satisfaction. Maintains patient environment in a safe and orderly manner.
Accompanies patient off the unit for all tests and procedures:
- Accompanies the patient to other areas of the hospital for diagnostic tests or upon transfer to other units.
- Transports lab specimens, patient equipment and patient belongings as required with the patient.
Promotes Infection Control
- Performs hand hygiene before and after patient contact. Adheres to isolation procedures according to the infection control policy.
Promotes a Positive Patient Experience
- Communicates in a professional manner and demonstrates respect for patient, families and team members.
Competently Utilizes Technology
- Demonstrates understanding of the use of unit technology i.e., call systems, bed controls and TV controls.
- Documents patient information using either the appropriate paper forms or in the electronic health record and in conformation with HIPPA regulations.
- High School graduate/GED, or 5 years of experience in a Healthcare setting accepted in lieu of High School Diploma/GED
- CPR Certification
The above job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. LCMC Health reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
Days (United States of America)
LCMC Health is a community.
Our people make health happen. While our NOLA roots run deep, our branches are the vessels that carry our mission of bringing the best possible care to every person and parish in Louisiana and beyond and put a little more heart and soul into healthcare along the way. Celebrating authenticity, originality, equity, inclusion and a little come on in attitude is the foundation of LCMC Healths culture of everyday extraordinary
About West Jefferson Medical Center
West Jefferson Medical Center, a cornerstone of LCMC Healths incredible community of care, is regionally recognized and nationally accredited. For over 60 years, weve been the hospital-of-choice on the west bank of Jefferson Parish for health, wellness, and family-centered care. Learn more about West Jefferson Medical Center and our Leapfrog Grade A Hospital Safety distinction
Your extras (Our Core Values)
- Deliver healthcare with heart.
- Give people a reason to smile.
- Put a little love in your work.
- Be honest and real, but with compassion.
- Bring some lagniappe into everything you do.
- Forget one-size-fits-all, think one-of-a-kind care.
- See opportunities, not problems its all about perspective.
- Cheerlead ideas, differences, and each other.
- Love what makes you, you – because we do
You are welcome here.
LCMC Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Simple things make the difference.
- To get started, take your time to fully and accurately complete the application for employment. Incomplete applications get bogged down and are often eliminated due to missing information.
- To ensure quality care and service, we may use information on your application to verify your previous employment and background.
- To keep our career applications up-to-date, applications are inactive after 6 months and, therefore, require a new application for employment to be completed.
- To expedite the hiring process, proof of citizenship or immigration status will be required to verify your lawful right to work in the United States.