At WeWork, we provide inspiring and flexible workplace solutions to help businesses – small, medium or large – thrive in more than 150 cities globally. The future of work is happening right now, and we are leading this moment. United by a common purpose, here we will empower tomorrow’s world at work. Join us on our journey as we give our members the freedom and support to push boundaries in their industries, and work to redefine our own.
In This Role, You Will
- Provide global legal support to business units and functions as part of the Global Privacy Team
- Manage and track external privacy requests, facilitate necessary action and support
- Coordinate strategic projects and initiatives, including defining workflows, stakeholders and milestones, tracking tasks, identifying risks and managing deadlines, to ensure timely execution
- Maintain data map and record of processing activities, including communicating with and providing guidance to stakeholders, working with tech project management team to develop streamlined processes
- Manage data subject access requests (DSARs), perform initial assessment of validity of requests, liaise with system owners, and communicate with data subjects as needed; work closely with IT team and other stakeholders to continuously improve and automate the DSAR process
- Propose and implement process improvements to drive the effectiveness of the Privacy team; maintain privacy policies and notices, and other internal- and external- facing disclosures.
- Develop data privacy playbooks, contractual templates, privacy FAQs and related resources, and act as knowledge management lead for the Privacy team.
- Lead in developing and presenting data privacy training and other communications aimed at ensuring awareness, understanding and compliance with data privacy obligations.
- Perform initial review of privacy terms in regular-course vendor and other third-party agreements, and provide transactional support in updating and negotiating agreements involving data sharing or other data privacy legal issues.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in a law firm or in-house legal department
- Demonstrated aptitude for process development and coordinating workflows across multiple internal and external organizations
- Ability to perform basic legal tasks under attorney supervision
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely with broad spectrum of internal and external stakeholders
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to operate independently
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Proficiency in creating and managing records and data reporting
- Proficiency with Google Suite
- Working knowledge of GDPR, CCPA and other key data privacy laws a plus
- Bachelor degree
Great To Have
- Experience working with technology and information security teams
- Familiarity with OneTrust
- Familiarity with Salesforce ServiceCloud
Life At WeWork
Being a WeWorker is more than just a job. We believe the magic of work is sparked by the passion you bring, the places you go, the people you meet and the purpose you follow. And it starts here. Here you will brush shoulders with those who dare to dream and do. Here you will be welcomed by a diverse community that embraces and inspires you—because together we can achieve more. Here we challenge ideas, and explore new ways of getting things done. Whether you are part of our Employee Community Groups, or part of a global project, we ask you to bring your open-minded attitude and collaborative spirit. In return, you will be part of a team where your unique perspectives are celebrated.
WeWork is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil status, pregnancy (or pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression, transgender status or gender reassignment, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including genetic testing and characteristics), military or veteran status, or any other grounds or characteristic that is protected under the law.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, WeWork — like a growing number of employers — is requiring all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment, absent a legal exception for reasonable accommodation. We provide unvaccinated new hires a 45-day grace period after their start date to get fully vaccinated or, if eligible, obtain a reasonable accommodation. If you believe that a legal exception may apply to you, please still apply for any role(s) you are interested in and, if you are hired, you will receive instructions on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. Please note that roles that require in-person work — currently, within our Community (excluding Member Experience), Facilities Management (including Security), Sales (excluding Sales Ops), and Member Technology teams — will not be eligible for work-from-home as an accommodation because it poses an undue hardship on our business.