YOUR JOB IS MORE THAN A JOB
Why a Great Place To Work
Youre more than your job. Everyone is. And thats what makes you great at your joball the little extras you bring to work every day, the things that make you you. At LCMC Health we value those things about you, because we know that all those little extras add up to extraordinary. And weve built a culture that supports and celebrates the extraordinary. Youll see it when you come to work here, in the spirit of our places and the faces of our people. And every patient we heal, every family we comfort, every life we improve is the outcome of countless little extras adding up to an extraordinary result. Join LCMC Health, and youll find that our everyday makes it easy to live your extraordinary
WINTER NURSE TECH PROGRAM
Program Dates: December 18, 2023-January 5, 2024
Nurse Technician Expected Graduation Date: After May 2025
Assist with direct patient care services and procedures and related tasks, such as checking in patients, taking vital signs, bathing, positioning, ambulation, nutrition, and elimination activities, and assisting with medical examinations.
Keep registered nurse abreast of patient status. Document care activities. Communicate with entire unit team.
Perform routine procedures addressed in the competencies of the position. Maintain/obtain medical supplies and equipment.
Perform clerical and administrative functions, in support of unit activities.
Practice safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Currently enrolled in RN Program having completed 2 years of education and 3 clinical semesters at an accredited nursing school.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Basic Life Support (BLS) from American Heart Association.
Days (United States of America)
LCMC Health is a community.
Our people make health happen. While our NOLA roots run deep, our branches are the vessels that carry our mission of bringing the best possible care to every person and parish in Louisiana and beyond and put a little more heart and soul into healthcare along the way. Celebrating authenticity, originality, equity, inclusion and a little come on in attitude is the foundation of LCMC Healths culture of everyday extraordinary
About University Medical Center
University Medical Center, a world class academic medical center in LCMC Healths incredible community of care, is the largest medical training center for healthcare professionals in Louisiana and has long served as the regions safety net hospital for poor and underserved communities for 300+. Learn more about University Medical Centers legacy and our vision of becoming the epicenter of medical care, education, and research.
Your extras (Our Core Values)
- Deliver healthcare with heart.
- Give people a reason to smile.
- Put a little love in your work.
- Be honest and real, but with compassion.
- Bring some lagniappe into everything you do.
- Forget one-size-fits-all, think one-of-a-kind care.
- See opportunities, not problems its all about perspective.
- Cheerlead ideas, differences, and each other.
- Love what makes you, you – because we do
You are welcome here.
LCMC Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Simple things make the difference.
- To get started, take your time to fully and accurately complete the application for employment. Incomplete applications get bogged down and are often eliminated due to missing information.
- To ensure quality care and service, we may use information on your application to verify your previous employment and background.
- To keep our career applications up-to-date, applications are inactive after 6 months and, therefore, require a new application for employment to be completed.
- To expedite the hiring process, proof of citizenship or immigration status will be required to verify your lawful right to work in the United States.