Night Shift Supervisor (C Shift, D Shift)
Background & Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this job is to accomplish operational goals which relate to safety, quality, customer service, throughput, efficiencies, on-time shipments & cost reduction on a designated shift. You are a born leader, responsible for the safety of all teams on shift. You will be responsible for providing leadership across all departments, as this role will be the most senior on site during designated shift. You love to win & have fun doing it!
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
The position requires performance within multiple disciplines to provide Unilever with world class capability to launch and manufacture Home, Beauty & Personal Care products. You will be responsible for
- Execute strategies & focused improvement projects to increase throughput
- Maintain safe systems of work across the site/shift
- Assist in problem solving and crisis management related to operating issues
- Motivate, arrange training and development of teammates within shift
- Communications and Stakeholder Management both internally & externally to the site
- Drive leadership through people management, discipline, development within a changing
The position reports directly to the Manufacturing Manager.
You love to win and have fun doing it: A passion for success is a must. You are detailed oriented and able to manage multiple activities at the same time.
You’re a born leader: You promote the development of a highly effective and autonomous team through strong communication, leading by example and effective problem solving and conflict management, while maintaining focus on goals & targets.
You’re a decision maker: You identify repeated problems with production & repeated causes of breakdowns and suggests how to solve. Actively contributes to mechanical & continuous improvements. Makes decisions to minimize production loss & to support effective team working.
You’re a dot connector: You work closely with the site team and Planning teams to deliver the business needs through the flawless execution of focused improvement projects to increase throughput.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- B.S. or B.E. degree in Engineering or Business with demonstrated working
- Min 3 years’ experience in supply chain/logistics, preferably in a manufacturing
environment with direct supervisory experience
- Understanding of GMP’s, safety and housekeeping requirements.
- Effectively lead, coach, and motivate incumbents throughout the department.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex problems, strong analytical and technical thought process.
- Effective influence skills and ability to handle interpersonal issues effectively
- Encourages and supports teamwork, and participates willingly as a team player
- SOLs: Purpose & Service, Personal Mastery, Agility, Business Acumen, Passion for High
- Skills: Communication, Influence, Project Management, Analytical/ Systems Thinking
- Knowledge of WCM methodologies (or other continuous improvement methodologies)
- Previous experience in CPGs, especially in Home, Beauty & Personal Care product
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.