To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Customer Success Group
Net Zero Cloud Solution Architect
Salesforce launched Net Zero Cloud in 2021. Not only is Net Zero Cloud at the heart of our own success at being fully carbon neutral across our full value chain but will be a key enabler for organizations of all shapes and sizes globally for delivering their sustainability targets. This is a unique opportunity to be part of an already successful team within one of the most prestigious and successful technology companies in the world and to deliver positive change for our customers and their ecosystems.
Salesforce is a recognized leader in the journey to Net Zero, it is an area our most senior leadership are especially passionate about and are thought leaders in. Following COP26 in Glasgow the timing is magnificent to be leading these conversations.
“The planet needs climate action now, which is why at Salesforce we are committed to ambitious climate leadership solutions that create ripple effects. We’re on a mission to drive urgent action, and we hope you join us on the journey.”
PATRICK FLYNN, VP OF SUSTAINABILITY, SALESFORCE
If you are interested in a Solution Architect role that gives you the opportunity for a thriving career in Software as a Service, whilst making a real difference in the world, you’ve come to the right place!
The Solution Architect leads one or more workstreams in customer engagements, partnering with key collaborators to drive and achieve the vision while completing key deliverables. They serve as hands-on advisors, using strong interpersonal skills, solution and/or technical knowledge, Salesforce product knowledge, industry experience, consulting experience, and knowledge of their client’s business to deliver customer return on investment.
Solution Architects are strong presenters and facilitators that are able to co-create the vision and lead the execution with the customer as well as acquire customer acceptance of the delivered solution. They are capable of driving difficult conversations and removing roadblocks to implement the business strategies. They are proficient at analyzing issues and obstacles to settle root cause, and can identify appropriate corrective action. They connect with technical and business team members from all levels through C-suite. On a day to day basis, they interact with customer product owner, business process owner and technical resources to understand requirements, analyze information, and craft comprehensive solutions. They also show a strong understanding of typical business challenges or common objectives faced by customers within the industry.
Solution Architects are stewards of the Professional Services Methodology and use their networks to ensure that standard processes are followed. They engage with Customer Success and Product teams to ensure the solutions are driving the most effective achievement of the value objectives. Solution Architects supply to thought leadership and standard processes by engaging with the cloud-specific practices teams. They will supply both internally in their Community and externally in the marketplace.
You’re a big-picture thinker and an in-depth problem solver. You take pride in designing systems that stand up to anything. You see issues before they become issues, even when scaling from one to a million customers. Salesforce Architects are the most trusted digital advisors and respected team leaders in the ecosystem. Are you ready to build the future of business?
YOUR IMPACT: Responsibilities
Salesforce Professional Services is looking for a Solution Architect for our Net Zero Cloud product. As a Solution Architect, you will be serving as a strategic advisor and Salesforce product and platform expert to the company’s largest, most complex enterprise customers. Here are some salient responsibilities the role entails –
- Participating in business process redesign, roadmap planning, and identifying touchpoints in multi-cloud implementations.
- Working closely with our customers to understand the current business processes at a detailed level.
- Participating in discussions with various levels of customer’s IT business stakeholders.
- Developing strong client relationships by building trust, rapport, and positive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders and team members.
- Working with internal and customer stakeholders to create prototypes, proof of concepts, and sample mockups as a means of eliciting and defining business requirements.
- Creating and owning user stories/business requirements documents as an outcome of the requirements gathering sessions, and detailing out the user stories in the agile sprints for the scrum team to work upon.
- As required, participating in the UAT and Go-Live process, including test planning, development of test scripts, testing logistics, test execution, and status reporting.
- Analyzing the data requirements, structures, and integration points of the process, and creating mapping to Salesforce objects or external REST endpoints.
- Identifying business process improvements and opportunities for automation.
- Documenting work using flow charts, written descriptions, screenshots, and videos.
- Applying knowledge, skills, and judgment to make decisions and resolve issues.
- Maintaining a target billable utilization aligned to the role.
- Effective in working with customers, including business executives, business analysts, and IT development staff
- Speed is paramount. This team is nimble and is the fulcrum to accelerate the delivery of the solution for customers.
- A collaborative and empathetic relationship with the business partners will be central to your role. Your commitment to their success should never be in doubt.
- If you enjoy working with customers to help them succeed and flourish on working with groundbreaking technologies, this is the role for you. This role will require travel to customer locations.v
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including enterprise consulting experience, in a mid-to large-sized organization in positions of increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated capability to understand business strategies and application objectives, and translate those requirements into effective process designs.
- Excellent design skills, including the ability to critique visual elements and optimize user flows.
- Excellent written and visual communication skills, with the ability to clearly document requirements and process assets using text, diagrams, and videos.
- Self-directed, with the ability to break down a complex process, assign actions, and manage progress toward a deadline.
- Expertise in process modeling tools and best practices.
- Relevant Salesforce certifications and consulting experience are strongly recommended
- Net Zero Cloud experience
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $107,00. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of busin
ess is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce, Inc. or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.