Messaging Cloud Engineer
This role provides a great opportunity to roll out a new critical initiative within ECC Data Movement Services. The Messaging DevOps Engineer serves as a development and support expert with responsibility for the design, development, automation, testing, support and administration of the enterprise infrastructure for Messaging Services. The role requires experience with AWS SNS, AWS SQS, AWS Managed MQ, Azure Service Bus or other messaging technologies. The incumbent will be responsible for enabling infrastructure features, ongoing support and administration, and documentation for the service. The platform provides a data hub and a blueprint for integrating with existing upstream and downstream technology solutions.
This role is infrastructure engineering, DevOps, and support. The position requires a strong background in computer architecture, software development, data management systems, distributed computing, and a proven understanding of the open-source technology ecosystem. An ideal prospect will have technical expertise, customer engagement skills, excellent communication skills, and a passion for prioritizing and analyzing data.
The incumbent will have the opportunity of working directly across the firm with developers, operations staff, architects and business constituents to develop and improve the Messaging services. Key responsibilities include:
- Development, support, and maintenance of the Message Queue platforms
- Design, development and implementation of automation innovations
- Development of automated infrastructure testing scripts
- Building and championing relationships with Fidelity’s developer and system administration communities
- Contribution to all phases of the application lifecycle – requirements, development, testing, implementation, and support.
- Responding and providing mentorship to customers of the Messaging Queue platforms
- Defining and implementing integration points with existing technology systems
- Interacting with and participating in open-source software communities
- Researching and remaining current on Messaging Queue technology and industry trends and innovations
- Participating in a 24 x 7 hour on-call support rotation
Education And Experience
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent
- Master’s degree is a plus
- 3+ years experience with Azure or AWS
- 3+ years application development or systems administration experience
- 3+ years of development experience in one or more of the following languages: Java, C++, Perl, Python
- Experience deploying or leading open-source software
- Strong experience with any Linux distribution
- 3+ year experience with AWS Managed MQ. SNS, or SQS
- 3+ year experience with Azure Service Bus
- IBM MQ experience a plus
Skills And Knowledge
- Hands on working experience with Azure and AWS
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Hands on working experience with Containers and Kubernetes
- Agile Scrum or Kanban experience – Working experience within an agile team
- Global team experience
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible or an equivalent
- Programming in CI/CD technologies required
- Knowledge designing scalable distributed systems
- Awareness of both current and developing technologies
- Strong desire to innovate and develop future technology
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
As a result of COVID-19, many of our associates are continuing to work remotely. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working.”
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.