The Mechanical / Structural Designer will be responsible for checking and approving drawings / designs; interface communication, and ensuring the accuracy, reliability, efficiency, and safety of the mechanical, piping, and structural scopes of work for Data Center Modules.
- Provide and check drawings / BOM as per customer requirements.
- Prepare bulk MTOs (Material Take Offs) and detailed BOMs (Bill of Materials) with no supervision from Engineer.
- Ensure drawings follow the Engineering and QA/QC standards.
- Prepare layout drawings to customer to present the proposed equipment and the function of the equipment.
- Prepare and complete various Mechanical, Piping, Structural deliverable drawings and documents such as piping layout/general arrangements, piping isometrics, piping schedule, piping tie-point/ interface drawings, piping insulation details, structural general arrangement drawings, etc.
- Prepare sequence drawing and procedure for Factory Acceptance Test.
- Prepare and compile installation procedure for submission to customer.
- Supervise the outsourcing of engineering design work.
- Designer should be in possession of a Technical Certification in the design discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience mechanical, piping, and structural scopes of work for Hyperscale Data Center Modules or related environment in similar industry.
- Ability to produce drawings / sketches to illustrate design / ideas.
- Experience with high-density data centers and hyperscale environments (strongly preferred)
- High level understanding of the purpose of electrical system for facilities.
- General Knowledge of industry standards, codes, and regulations
- Experience working with computer-aided design (CAD)
- Building Information Modeling (BIM) software.
- Solid Works
- Autodesk AutoCAD
System One, and its subsidiaries including Joul, ALTA IT Services, CM Access, and MOUNTAIN, LTD., are leaders in delivering outsourced services and workforce solutions across North America. We help clients get work done more efficiently and economically, without compromising quality. System One not only serves as a valued partner for our clients, but we offer eligible employees health and welfare benefits coverage options including medical, dental, vision, spending accounts, life insurance, voluntary plans, as well as participation in a 401(k) plan.
System One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, family care or medical leave status, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.