At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
We are hiring a Cloud Finance Manager to partner with our Engineering (Product) organization to further build out our Cloud FinOps capabilities and enable our leadership in their decision making related to Cloud related investments in this critical organization.
What You Will Do:
- Be responsible for managing Elastic’s spend with the major Public Cloud providers – AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Develop monthly executive-level summary packages to track and forecast monthly Cloud spend
- Collaborate with our Cloud PM and SRE team to make recommendations on cost savings opportunities, e.g., by making Reserved Instance (RI) purchases
- Provide financial modeling and analytics, and be a strategic thought partner to Engineering leaders in areas such managing Elastic Cloud contribution margin
- Establish FinOps best practices and work with Cloud PM and SRE to drive the thinking on further automation of these activities
- Build long term Cloud financial models that inform our Cloud growth initiatives and enable strategic contract negotiations with the Public Cloud providers
- Partner with other Finance teams (Accounting, A/P, Investor Relations, and Tax) to support month-end close, flux review processes, and financial reporting
What You Bring Along:
- 7+ years of experience in FP&A and/or other Finance Business Partner equivalent role, preferably in a SaaS company
- Deep expertise in managing spend on at least one (ideally multiple) of the major Public Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience using tools like AWS Cost Explorer to analyze Cloud spend and make recommendations on Reserved Instance (RI) purchases
- Strong leadership skills; highly motivated self-starter with a very strong work ethic who is willing to work both autonomously and as part of a growing team
- Ability to operate at multiple altitudes, prioritize workload and lead multiple projects and tasks
- Maintaining relationships and communicating with a wide range of partners across functions and countries
- Proven track record to evaluate and tackle sophisticated problems and understand the strategic implications of different business approaches
- Exceptional social skills, able to establish strong rapport and partnerships at all levels of the organization
- Very strong proficiency with financial modeling and spreadsheets (Excel or Google Sheets)
- Remarkable analytical skills and the ability to distill sophisticated information
- Ability to work independently in a distributed, fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; comfortable presenting to executives
Additional Information – We Take Care Of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave