As part of the LiDAR Component Engineering team you will be collaborating with cross functional teams to develop and integrate next generation LiDARs for AV vehicles.
- Use your knowledge of systems engineering best practices to support internal and external stakeholders in the development of LiDAR sensor technologies
- Triage and root cause any reported defects in hardware and/or software, fix and document, and implement preventative measures
- Validate bug fixes both on the bench and in-vehicle
- Own, update, peer review, and document requirements for modules through engineering change requests
- Update Module Test Plans as design and validation efforts evolve
- Work with and train Test Engineering to ensure proper test plan execution
- Design custom validation setups, including automation and post-processing of data
- Support Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) integration activities
- Support Vehicle integration activities, including field testing and verification
- Take ownership of module Diagnostics and Vehicle Networking
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- Strong focus on LiDAR technologies which includes lasers, detectors, beam steering mechanisms, signal processing, lens design, and packaging.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in systems engineering, integration, and test
- Experience with end-to-end system integration of complex electro-mechanical systems
- Knowledge of LiDAR KPI testing (Point cloud, range, reflectivity etc.)
- Familiar with computer networking concepts (TCP vs UDP, VLANs, SSH)
- Experience with Linux and developing scripting software independently
- Hands-on experience of working in lab environment with different equipment and vehicle electrical systems
- Electrical Lab Experience (soldering, lab management, Oscilloscopes/DMMs/Programmable Power Supplies)
- Experience with component testing
- Understanding of automotive and/or robotic systems
- Working knowledge of Linux environment
- Experience with an issue-tracking and task management software platform such as JIRA, Polarion, and Confluence.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in LiDAR system engineering, integration, and test
- Experience in automotive communication protocols such as CAN and Ethernet
- Python 3 scripting, using Git and JIRA for development tools
- Experience with FuSa and cybersecurity
- Experience with automotive LiDAR technologies
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.