Lead Product Designer – UCC
At the root of Genesys is our passion for our customers and users in the form of Empathy. It’s the basis for how we operate in everything we do. As a Senior Product Designer at Genesys, you’ll be helping create a whole new genre within the Customer Experience industry, Experience as a Service.
You’ll work with other design leaders, product managers, and engineers to deliver world class experiences for Unified Communications and Collaboration as part of Genesys Cloud. Our company and our customers rely upon the communication and collaboration capabilities offered in Genesys Cloud via native chat, video conferencing, and telephony experiences to conduct business. Our user base and all Genesys Employees rely upon these capabilities each and every day. You’ll play a pivotal role in enhancing these vital experiences for our users of today, as well as rolling out voice capabilities to our digital-first customers. Additionally, you’ll coordinate with our mobile teams, ensuring seamless UCC experiences across our desktop and mobile offerings.
In this role, you’ll play a pivotal role in the practice and craft of design. You will participate in all aspects of projects, from design thinking and design sprints to prototyping and executive playbacks. You’ll evangelize design across the organization, advocating for users throughout the process, and will combine empathy and data to create impactful, best-of-class digital experiences. Needless to say, as a Lead Product Designer collaborating with designers, researchers, and strategists, you’ll be solving Genesys’ biggest challenges.
As a valued member of the team, you are a go-to person, can work collaboratively or autonomously, and serve as an expert in user-centered best practices to people across the organization. As a confident communicator, you can work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team comprised of myriad levels of experience.
This role is open to remote candidates located in the United States
Why Genesys needs you:
We are investing 1 billion dollars in R&D over the next 4 years and need the right individuals to turn that investment into innovation. Genesys is bringing that innovation to customers through multi-cloud deployments in AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud.
Connections matter, at certain times with greater urgency. Whenever the moment, our technology facilitates those connections creating an experience as a service. Our team members own their critical services and words like scalability, resiliency, and automation are at the heart of every line of code we write. As we continue to grow, we are now seeking a Lead Product Designer to join the team.
What you will do:
- Create digital assets that effectively communicate product function and intent, user interaction, and screen hierarchy.
- Produce user requirements specifications, conceptual models, personas, storyboards/scenarios, flow charts, conceptual sketches, wireframes, IAs, design prototypes, and visual design artifacts.
- Design and specify user interfaces using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery.
- Participate in product and feature ideation and conceptual development for web and mobile solutions, also taking into account responsive design considerations.
- Mentor and inspire fellow designers to reach their fullest potential
- Participate in design critiques and iteration meetings helping to coach a team on delivering great designs.
- Effectively communicate design decisions to product teams, users, and leadership teams while representing the voice of your designers.
- Keep up with evolving design trends, technologies, and best practices.
What you will bring to the role:
- Degree in any of the following: HCI, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Visual Design, and/or related fields.
- 8+ years of proven experience designing software applications for a global audience.
- Strong knowledge of interaction design processes and methodologies, particularly as applied to desktop & mobile products.
- Strong knowledge of Agile UX methodologies (Product Owner or Scrum Master experience preferred).
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment that requires independent self-direction with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
- Proactive and takes ownership for producing positive results.
- Contributes as a valued team member and colleague with leaders at all levels.
- Demonstrates self-awareness and a desire for continual learning and personal development.
- Must possess the presentation skills and professionalism to project a professional image, both internally and externally.
- Experience working closely with product and engineering teams to champion design at every step.
- Experience in Enterprise SaaS.
- Experience in Support and/or Call Center business models.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Telehealth coverage
- Flexible work schedules and work from home opportunities
- Development and career growth opportunities
- Open Time Off
- 401(k) matching program
- Adoption Assistance
- Infertility treatments
See more Genesys benefits information at https://mygenesysbenefits.com/
Safety for our employees and our communities is a key priority for Genesys. We continue to experience rapid growth during the Covid-19 pandemic and are conducting remote hiring and onboarding processes. All hiring and onboarding processes are being conducted remotely at this time.
As our Covid-19 task force and internal teams plan to reopen our global offices, the policies and procedures will continue to be updated.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you or someone you know may complete the Reasonable Accommodations Form for assistance. Please use the Candidate field in the dropdown menu to ensure a timely response.
This form is designed to assist job seekers who seek reasonable accommodation for the application process. Submissions entered for non-accommodation-related issues, such as following up on an application or submitting a resume, may not receive a response.
Every year, Genesys® orchestrates more than 70 billion remarkable customer experiences for organizations in more than 100 countries. Through the power of our cloud, digital and AI technologies, organizations can realize Experience as a Service℠, our vision for empathetic customer experiences at scale. With Genesys, organizations have the power to deliver proactive, predictive, and hyper personalized experiences to deepen their customer connection across every marketing, sales, and service moment on any channel, while also improving employee productivity and engagement. By transforming back-office technology to a modern revenue velocity engine Genesys enables true intimacy at scale to foster customer trust and loyalty. Visit www.genesys.com
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, national origin, genetics, disability, military and veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Please note that recruiters will never ask for sensitive personal or financial information during the application phase.