Who We Are
Hungryroot is the all-in-one recipe and grocery service. We’re here to help people feel their best and make grocery shopping, cooking, and enjoying healthy food easier than ever. So, we’re creating the first-of-its-kind food experience that puts people (and the planet) first, built for busy lives and individual needs.
We are a distributed team built on top talent from over 10 states across the U.S. While we have an office in NYC, we support employees creating “offices” wherever they are. We believe in fostering team connection and collaboration across all of our “offices” – so don’t expect to be online at 6 am to make a meeting if you’re on the West coast. Expect to attend regular team building events, and to be able to work from the beach every once in a while. Expect to be treated like an owner who cares about our common goal, not someone who has to clock in and out of work.
What You’ll Do
We’re looking for an experienced, Lead Frontend Software Engineer who is excited to play an integral role in our rapidly growing Technology team. At Hungryroot, we experiment, iterate, learn, and repeat. Most importantly, we build things people love. As a member of the Technology team, you will be responsible for the development of the company’s customer-facing site, including various integrations with our vendors/partners, as well as various internal tools necessary for our operations.
The ideal candidate is obsessed with delivering the best possible customer experience, values software engineering best practices, and knows how to make the right trade-off given different situations.
How You’ll Make An Impact
- Evaluate, design, and implement new features to provide the best user experience for our customers.
- Build, improve and maintain our responsive eCommerce web app.
- Independently work on features while collaborating with product managers and QA.
Why We Need You
- 8+ years of Software Engineering experience working on commercial web applications
- Good understanding of the inner workings of browsers and web protocols
Perks & Benefits
- Remote Work Optional: Work from home, work from our NYC office, work from anywhere, you decide!
- Competitive compensation + comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly Hungryroot credit
- Universal paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- A working environment filled with passionate, happy, smart people!
Hungryroot is built on the values of being proactive, positive, and transparent in all that we do. Our mission to help make healthy eating easy, accessible, and joyful is better served by a diverse workplace.
We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive workplace. We have zero-tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.