Job # 602043
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
The Verizon CX Team is a new internal group tasked with evolving the Verizon customer experience across all channels and touch points through the design and implementation of innovative products and services that customers love. The team is assembling the brightest designers, design strategists, researchers, and product managers to collaborate within teams shaping the future of the customer experience.
You are a model design practitioner who facilitates and delivers sound design solutions through collaboration with team and partners. You excel, model, or teach at least one of the core disciplines and reliably perform in others. You are accountable for the growth of yourself and the other designers on your team. Other designers look to you as an example. You collaborate with your team to come up with ideas and make things, but also guide them to make the right decisions for the user and business. You continue to mentor designers in your areas of expertise on your projects and help designers make connections between core disciplines. You support the team, are sensitive to their goals and challenges, and deliver real-time feedback. You facilitate collaboration with product, tech, and business partners on your projects. Outside of your projects, you externalize your skills and knowledge to colleagues.
- Generate multiple credible design solutions.
- Engage in divergent/convergent group work.
- Judge solution quality and context appropriateness.
- Guide a range of exploration.
- Provide directional input.
- Identify design problems and opportunities within brief/context.
- Design within an established set of rules (e.g., patterns, guidelines, constraints, principles).
- Articulate user, business, or technical reasoning for design decisions.
- Maintain organized working files and project directories.
- Explore, refine, and document solution thoroughly.
- Maintain fluency in shared tools and software.
- Objectively evaluate and refine concepts based on learning from prototypes.
- Target appropriate methods and fidelity based on learning objectives.
Where You’ll Be Working
In this hybrid role, you’ll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll Need To Have
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience designing technical/business web applications.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in design or related field of study.
- A portfolio of UX design work from pencil and whiteboard, to wireframes and prototypes (e.g., blog, Dribbble, Github).
- Ability to digest and translate complex technical requirements into intuitive experiences.
- Portfolio examples of enterprise applications.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).
Job Family: PRD
Business Unit: STDBU