Crossover is the world’s #1 source of full-time remote jobs. Our clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We’re recruiting this role for our client, gt.school. Have you got what it takes?
Do you know the magic formula to crush the AP Lit & Lang exams? If you aced your own exams and are ready to help other students do the same, join gt.school!
gt.school helps gifted and talented students accelerate their learning via fully remote educational apps. We believe technology can deliver an educational experience that engages and teaches kids 3-5x faster than the standard teacher-classroom model.
You will approach learning through the lens of tutoring: when students only have 1-2 hours a week to spend on a subject, what are the most important concepts, tools, and skills to learn? Success in this role will be measured by the percentage of students scoring 4+ on their AP exams.
If you’re eager to give kids a learning experience that actually makes them love school, we urge you to apply.
What You Will Be Doing
- Identifying the best available learning resources that help students learn, practice, and master AP English Literature & AP English Language
- Designing activities for live Zoom sessions that capture the attention of 9-12th grade students better than social media or video games
- Hosting live Zoom sessions during after-school hours
- Making yourself available for 1-to-1 tutoring calls when students require it
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Hosting lectures or traditional “classes” to teach the content
- Assigning and grading homework
Language Arts Course Designer Key Responsibilities
- Making curriculum design decisions to align the program with College Board standards
- Ensuring students in the program are active and engaged
- Constantly improving the program to enhance student engagement and achievement
- Hosting many-to-1 live Zoom sessions/clinics in afterschool hours (Mon-Fri) and on weekends, meeting with students for 1-to-1 tutoring, and managing student analysts who have been employed by gt.school to support you in building and running the program.
- A Bachelor’s degree in English or a related field (communications, creative writing, etc.)
- Attended a Top 25 US college or university
- Experience tutoring AP Literature & Language (1-on-1 tutoring) or college-level tutoring experience
- Scored a 4/5 on the AP Literature or Language exam
- Able to commit to working at least 20 of the 40 hours between 6 pm and midnight US Eastern time Monday-Friday, or after 11 AM EST on weekends.
- The ability to understand and connect with kids
gt.school is a stealth EdTech startup in Austin, Texas, the center of educational innovation in the US. Our unique approach leverages 50+ years of learning science, cutting-edge data analytics and high-performance life skills coaching. In doing so, we can help students learn 5x faster and unlock their full potential in both academics and in life. We are a remote-first company that hires globally via Crossover.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
Working with Crossover
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), long-term position. The position is immediately available and requires entering into an independent contractor agreement with Crossover. The compensation level for this role is $50 USD/hour, which equates to $100,000 USD/year assuming 40 hours per week and 50 weeks per year. The payment period is weekly. Consult www.crossover.com/help-and-faqs for more details on this topic.
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form – by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/password-recovery if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4896-US-Dallas/F-LanguageArtsCo