Who we are: The Secant Group is an advanced technology biomaterials company headquartered in Telford, Pennsylvania, with manufacturing facilities in Quakertown and Perkasie, Pennsylvania. Secant provides innovative solutions through next-generation materials, structures, textile designs, and process technologies for the medical device, pharmaceutical, aerospace and energy markets.
What we’re looking for: Based in our Telford, PA facility, the Lab Administrator will be primarily responsible for the successful operations of our laboratories and implementation of a culture of high quality and attention to detail. Working among an interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers the Lab Administrator will oversee day-to-day activities including such tasks as inventory management, purchasing, facilities management, waste handling and coordination of outside vendors. This individual will interface with both internal and external stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct and manage laboratory purchasing activities through ERP and credit purchases.
- Coordinate shipping and receiving activities to ensure appropriate delivery and storage conditions.
- Act as point of contact and communicate key facility information such as delivery timing, power outages, and repair/maintenance updates.
- Organize and manage lab space and resources, including organizing and allocating freezer/ refrigerator/ liquid nitrogen space, organizing and stocking consumables/reagents, and tracking inventory.
- Coordinate activities with outside services such as vendor visits, instrument installations and maintenance, and waste management.
- Work with Chemical Hygiene Officer and HSE to manage all aspects of safety, including tracking/managing of chemicals and hazardous materials, establishing and facilitating PPE policy, coordinating laboratory safety inspections, and working with external safety support providers.
- Onboard new lab personnel including orientation on safety training and lab practices.
- Stay current in the technologies used in the lab and participates in improving operations of the lab, both administratively and scientifically. Recommend and implement changes.
- Establish and update written procedures for facility usage, scheduling, billing, and safety.
- Follows all applicable Company test methods, work instructions, S.O.P.’s, and guidelines.
- Performs other job-related responsibilities as assigned.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant life sciences discipline.
- 2+ years laboratory management experience or 5 years working in a laboratory environment.
- Familiarity with a broad range of laboratory equipment used in chemistry, engineering, cell biology, and biochemistry.
- Continuous improvement mindset that constantly seeks to improve efficiency and safety.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with demonstrated track record of successful communication with internal teams and managers.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with an ability to adjust workload based on changing priorities.
- Ability to adapt to frequent change and thrive in a dynamic and entrepreneurial early-stage environment.
- Thrives on making a difference and displays a high degree of maturity, honesty, trust and integrity.
Why join us: We promote a collaborative, high energy and fast-paced environment. Using fact-based data, our team members strive to constantly improve our processes and products. We nurture an environment where employees can creatively innovate solutions that drive impactful results both for the business and themselves.
This position includes a compensation package that includes a base salary plus incentive based on company performance. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, medical with Rx, life insurance and 401(k). Secant Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Secant Group participates in E-Verify as appropriate in accordance with Company guidelines and federal or state law.
Secant Group utilizes pre-employment drug testing, background checks and criminal history checks in a manner consistent with all federal, state and local regulations.