Alkami builds and delivers the nation’s most innovative cloud-based digital banking (online and mobile apps) for Credit Unions and Banks with over 13M users on our platform. Through our bold investments in technology and people, our clients confidently grow, adapt quickly and build thriving digital banking communities to compete against the Megabanks. Founded over 12 years ago with headquarters in Plano, Alkami is one of the fastest growing software companies in Texas. To share just a few of our recent recognitions: Best Place to Work in Fintech; Inc. 5000 America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies; Best & Brightest to Work For Nationally; and, Comparably’s Best for Workplace Culture. With every Alkamist being provided ownership in Alkami, we are obsessively intentional about our culture: optimistic-perseverance, caring-collaboration, transparent-communication, courageous-innovation, trusted-accountability and real-fun. Beyond intentional culture, our commitment is to attract and retain amazing talent by fostering a high-growth, dynamic and rewarding environment; providing great benefits; making meaningful investments in learning and development; celebrating our successes together in remarkable ways; and, ACTing together by taking time to give back and volunteer.
As THE digital banking solution for credit unions and small to medium sized banks, the ability to deliver in an agile, focused and timely fashion is a major driver for our success. That agility extends through each of our teams and to the core of our corporate technology environment. While in the midst of rapid growth, we are currently upgrading and improving all of our internal systems to support the expansion.
The team strives to create a robust and secure environment that empowers our end users to be self-sufficient through service portals and automated provisioning mechanisms, minimizing dependencies on our tier 1 help desk. This includes modern technology like Jamf, Intune and advanced G Suite management.
This role will focus on supporting the day to day operations of the business as a key member of the IT Support team. Basic and advanced troubleshooting of both Windows and Mac machines will be daily expectations supporting over 800 users. From those experiences, you will identify key areas for systematic improvement, which will drive the focus of our IT projects.
Be prepared to learn new skills each day, tackle emerging technologies and solve challenges. If working in a dynamic environment supporting a variety of systems and expanding your skill set are all things that you find exciting–this could be a great fit!
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees seeking technical assistance in person, over the phone or email
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process and provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Patch/remediate devices to uphold defined company compliance and security standards
- Provision/decommission equipment and accounts when employees join or leave the organization
- Record events and problems and their resolution in appropriate systems
- Maintain accurate information regarding the status and assignments of all assets in the asset management system
- Escalate issues to appropriate teams according to internal procedures and provide documentation of any actions taken
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- All other duties as assigned
- Certificate or degree for systems or network administration from a two-year technical training program OR 2 years of full-time experience within a help desk or IT capacity
- Hands-on experience supporting modern operating systems (Windows 10, OSX, etc)
- Experience working in help desk ticketing / issue management systems with defined workflows, change management procedures, approval processes
- Demonstrated understanding of administering core enterprise systems and user access provisioning (email, VoIP, AD, etc)
- Familiarity with concepts of virtualized environments, cloud computing, and various network technologies including DNS, DHCP, and IP addressing
- Ability to lift or move items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Advanced System Administration and Permission Management
- Azure/AWS – cloud experience
- Basic MDM exposure (Intune, JAMF, MobileIron, etc.)
- Extensive experience with JIRA ticket management and reporting
Cool Things to Know
Not Just Any Company: Alkami has an awesome diverse and inclusive environment. We have a FUN culture and offer great benefits. Did you know every Alkamist has ownership in Alkami? We also have on and off site employee events and activities.
Work Authorization: We cannot offer employer sponsorship at this time; candidates must be eligible to work in the US for full-time employment.
Recruiters: We are not looking for outside recruiting firms to help us in this search — we know who you are and we love you, but we don’t need you right now.
The Important Stuff
Alkami Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alkami is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alkami are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alkami will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alkami encourages applicants of all ages.