Pacific Life is investing in bright, agile, and diverse talent to contribute to our mission of innovating our business and creating a superior customer experience. We’re actively seeking a talented Information Security Engineer to join our Retirement Solutions Division’s (RSD) Information Security team in Newport Beach, CA, or Omaha, NE. Preference is for this role to be in Omaha or Southern CA but open to candidates who are 100% remote.
As an Information Security Engineer, you’ll play a key role in Pacific Life’s growth and long-term success by supporting the Division, focusing on Information Security, Vulnerability Management, and Security initiatives. You will fill a new role that sits on a team of five people. Your colleagues will include Information Security professionals with expertise in information security consulting and security engineering.
Note: Job level may vary based on skills and experience.
How You Will Make An Impact
- Support Enterprise Vulnerability Management Program including vulnerability scans, remediation, and security Key Risk Indicators.
- Partner with Enterprise Security and RSD Division’s AppDev teams to support activities related to code security checks, penetration testing, and security assessments.
- Respond promptly to security alerts and conduct the initial triage.
- Develop and document the security processes and tooling.
- Work with divisional Applications Teams and various enterprise IT teams to ensure projects and initiatives meet or exceed company information security standards.
- Partner with Enterprise Information Security team to support information security requirements and best practices at the division level.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3-4 years of experience in Information Security.
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems security.
- Understanding of Asset Management and Configuration Management.
- Hands-on experience with vulnerability management.
- Knowledge of AWS Security Services and AWS Networking Services.
- Familiar with CIS, NIST frameworks, and OWASP Top 10.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable experience writing clear and legible process documentation and strong communication skills.
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Understanding Infrastructure as code and DevOps
- Python and PowerShell Scripting experience
- Industry Security certification
More Reasons To Join
At Pacific Life, the work we do matters. We work each day passionately to drive our company forward while enjoying job security, flexible scheduling, and great opportunities for career growth.
If you’re seeking a thriving career doing the type of meaningful work that’s all too rare at a Fortune 500 Company, Pacific Life is the place for you. If you are a self-starter who appreciates creativity and individuality in your colleagues – even better. We look forward to receiving your application.
You belong at Pacific Life
At Pacific Life, we believe you belong. We foster a culture of belonging, a space where all employees are empowered to be authentic. We embrace and celebrate diversity, create a culture of equity and inclusion, and value and respect every employee.
In 2020, we demonstrated agility and swiftly shifted to a working-from-home environment with little to no disruption. Going forward, we will move toward a hybrid, digital-first workplace that encompasses flexible work policies, inclusive space design, and innovative technology solutions. At Pacific Life, we are pioneering a trail and challenging the status quo to build the next normal.
Want to learn more about life at Pacific Life? Take an inside look at our company culture: Instagram.com/lifeatpacificlife.
How We Help You Succeed
We’re fostering a culture of shared values across our company by providing generous compensation and comprehensive benefits that allow our employees to find fulfillment and security in personal life and career alike. These include:
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Work-Life Balance & Flexible Scheduling
- Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment to investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees
- Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid)
- Generous PTO and holiday pay
- Warm Colleagues & Inspiring Culture
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.