Newport, an Ascensus company, helps employers offer their associates a more secure financial future through retirement plans, insurance and consulting services. Newport offers comprehensive plan solutions and consulting expertise to plan sponsors and the advisors who serve them. As a provider and partner, Newport is independent, experienced, and responsive.
Who We Are:
Newport, an Ascensus Company, helps to offer their clients a more secure financial future through retirement plans, insurance and consulting services. Newport offers comprehensive plan solutions and consulting expertise to plan sponsors and the advisors who serve them. As a provider and partner, Newport is independent, experienced and responsive.
Job Summary: The Implementation Project Specialist plays a critical role of project manager and onboarding of new conversions and implementations onto the Newport platform. This role requires the highest levels of teamwork, organization, attention to detail and demands the highest levels of professionalism, responsiveness and poise to excel in a fast-paced, deadline driven, multi-component environment.
What you will do:
- Serves as the primary point of contact for plan sponsors, advisors and internal Newport teams to successfully on-board client plans onto Newport platform.
- Identifies, creates, and executes efficient project timeline and client facing deliverables.
- Works with plan sponsors, internal/external consultants, and prior service providers to successfully convert plan data, assets and liabilities.
- Schedules and leads weekly checkpoint calls with clients and external partners to provide project status update and to discuss open items. Maintains and organizes client-meeting materials such as agenda, minutes and timeline.
- Understands legal plan documents, implementation process and translates client requests into actionable tasks.
- Research and understands client on-boarding process, plan setup and project documentation needs. Works closely with cross-functional support teams to resolve system setup and configuration issues.
- Takes ownership and facilitates resolutions to client questions/issues using the available internal and external resources.
- Prepares client data with use of Excel formulas/tools, including but not limited to: data extracts, data formatting, data manipulation and editing to ensure completeness and accuracy to ensure compliance with contractual requirement and client expectation.
- Prepares the necessary documentations for initial plan set up and provide post implementation assistance by developing accurate and detailed administration manuals outlining processes and procedures related to the project/case.
- Manages multiple case assignments, different clients, changing priorities to manage and prioritize project needs.
- Consistently meets and/or exceeds performance expectations, working under pressure in a very fast paced, demanding environment, continuously under tight deadlines
- Focuses on learning in everyday activities and events
- Collaborates with and openly shares knowledge with colleagues
- Regular, reliable, and punctual attendance
Required Education, Experience And Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Minimum of 3-5 years in the retirement plan industry.
- Knowledge of non-qualified deferred compensation plans a plus, as well as understanding of various retirement plans, market operation, and general retirement plan practices.
- Project Management experience,
- Advanced Excel skills
Preferred (but not required) education or skills for this role
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in related field
- In-depth knowledge of implementation and conversions of retirement plans
- Builds Collaborative Relationships
- Commitment to Excellence
- Detail Oriented
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Personal Credibility
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Time Management
TRAVEL: Up to 5%.
At Ascensus, we aspire to make a difference for others. We are a technology-enabled services company that helps people save for retirement, education, and healthcare through our network of institutional, financial advisor, and state partners. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity—housed within our Core Values: People Matter. Quality First. Integrity Always.®
As a leading independent recordkeeping services partner, retirement plan third-party administrator, and government savings facilitator, we aim to hire associates who find pride in going to work every day knowing that they help more than 12 million people save for what matters.
Ascensus provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ancestry, race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, criminal conviction record or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Status”).