At NRG, we’re bringing the power of energy to people and organizations by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We generate electricity and provide energy solutions and natural gas to millions of customers through our diverse portfolio of retail brands. A Fortune 500 company, operating in the United States and Canada, NRG delivers innovative solutions while advocating for competitive energy markets and customer choice, working towards a sustainable energy future. More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG on Facebook, LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
Airtron is currently seeking Installer Helpers for our location in Independence, KY.
As an Installler Helper, you’ll be part of the Installation team that installs heating, air conditioning and ventilation equipment in residential homes. An install helper position is fast-paced and is physically demanding.
What You’ll Do As An Installer Helper
- Work under supervision to install heating, air conditioning, ventilation equipment and other products, following all safety rules and manufacturer specifications
- Test systems to ensure proper functioning or perform start-ups as needed
- Identify and report to manager any issues that arise during installation
- Provide excellent customer service
- Complete paperwork in a neat, accurate, thorough and timely manner
- Fabricate and install various ducts and duct fittings as required
- Follow safety policies and procedures
Minimum qualifications and what you’ll need to be able to do:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to work at heights and use a ladder
- Have a mechanical abilities and willingness to learn the HVAC trade
- Able to use basic hand tools
- Able to stand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
- Comfortable in small, confined spaces like attics
- Able to withstand extreme temperatures and weather conditions while wearing PPE
- Go up and down stairs
- Positive attitude and a team player
- Adhere to strict safety, quality, and organizational standards
- Able to use a computer or tablet for basic tasks
- Good communication skills, verbal and written, and able to communicate and read in English
- Have a valid driver’s license and able to drive to and from job sites
What It’s Like To Work At Airtron
- Safety Culture. Airtron is committed to safety and it’s our #1 company value. We train our employees to work safely so they can go home to their families each day the same way they showed up to work.
- Full Schedules and Overtime. It’s busiest during the summer months but we have year-round work and almost weekly overtime.
- Career and pay advancement. As you gain new skills and grow, you will also earn more.
- Paid training. As an Install Helper, you do not need to have experience. If you have mechanical ability, can use hand tools and are willing to learn, Airtron will train you.
- Supportive Team and Management. You’ll be part of a local team as well as part of a much larger team of 1,300+ employees.
- Extreme Temperatures. In the heat of the summer when the temperatures rise, attics can be well over 100 degrees. It’s a physically demanding job.
- Airtron Gear and PPE. We provide our teams with Airtron branded clothing and PPE.
What You’ll Love About Airtron
- Competitive wages and weekly pay
- Sign-on bonuses may be available for certain positions. Ask your recruiter for more details.
- All positions are eligible for Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Many wellness programs to support your physical and mental health
- Paid Time Off to include holidays
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- 401(k) savings plan
- Company paid Basic life insurance and AD&D insurance
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
The Hiring Process
- Complete an application
- Your application will be forwarded to a hiring manager
- If selected, you will be contacted for an interview
- All candidates offered positions will need to submit to a drug screen, MVR and a criminal background check
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant’s experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources