- This position is on site, in Bath, Maine*
At DXC we use the power of technology to deliver mission critical IT services that our customers need to modernize operations and drive innovation across their entire IT estate. We provide services across the Enterprise Technology Stack for business process outsourcing, analytics and engineering, applications, security, cloud, IT outsourcing and modern workplace.
Our DXC Modern Workplace services enables customers’ employees to easily find, understand and engage with IT and their colleagues anytime, anywhere and on any device. We empower a personalized experience that enables employees to work seamlessly and securely.
As a Field Technician you will provide onsite support to customers. Perform complex installations, repair, upgrades and maintenance on hardware and equipment. Assist in the analysis of technical products, systems, and/or software for engineering support.
What You Will Do
- Provide on-site field support to customers including installation, and servicing and repairing of systems and equipment
- Answer customer questions and resolves issues. Refer other issues/questions to appropriate personnel/service area/manager for follow up, testing and troubleshooting
- Assist in instructing customers in the operation and maintenance of systems/equipment
- Perform analyses and prepares reports on system problem trends and issues
- Assist in applying engineering principles and practices as they relate to system design, process flow and/or discrete modeling
- Interact with the client’s engineers, as necessary, to gather information, design changes, requirements, etc. to compile information for the overall solution design
- Assist in translating the engineering design into software design and development of test plans to verify logic of new or modified technical programs
- Perform testing of the final product and works with the client’s engineers to assure that the product performs as planned
- Assist in the design of basic technical programs for projects or enhancements to existing programs
Who You Are / Basic Qualifications
- High school diploma or G.E.D. or related experience
- 5 or more years of field support experience
- Experience working with the company’s hardware, software and equipment products
- Experience with ticket systems like JIRA (preferred), or ServiceNow, Remedy
- Experience working with customer technology and support requirements
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems and software, like Windows
- Performs complex analysis and prepares reports on system problem trends and issues
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel
- On client´s site
- Joining DXC connects you to brilliant people who embrace change and seize opportunities to advance their careers and amplify customer success. At DXC we support each other and work as a team — globally and locally. Our achievements demonstrate how we deliver excellence for our customers and colleagues. You will be joining a team that works to create a culture of learning, diversity and inclusion and are dedicated to strong ethics and corporate citizenship
If you are an applicant from the United States, Guam, or Puerto Rico
DXC Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age or genetic information. DXC’s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment. View postings below.
We participate in E-Verify. In addition to the posters already identified, DXC provides access to prospective employees for the Federal Minimum Wage Poster, Federal Polygraph Protection Act Poster as well as any state or locality specific applicant posters. To access the postings in the link below, select your state to view all applicable federal, state and locality postings. Postings are available in English, and in Spanish, where required. View postings below.
If you are an individual with a disability, a disabled veteran, or a wounded warrior and you are unable or limited in your ability to access or use this site as a result of your disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us via email.
Please note: DXC will respond only to requests for accommodations due to a disability.