Who We Are
Partner Operations drives the global operations strategy across Wayfair’s entire supplier base. Our mandate is to improve consumers’ shopping experience, and develop a unique competitive advantage for Wayfair through world class supply chain operations, leveraging both Wayfair’s proprietary global CastleGate logistics network and Suppliers’ own supply chains. We do this by offering in-manufacturing-region break-bulk operations, low-cost container shipping operations, high-efficiency in-region distribution center operations, and one and two-day delivery times to our consumers, for anything for the home.
The Partner Operations team enables the commercial success of our supplier partners by guiding and supporting their supply chain integration with the Wayfair marketplace, unlocking their success online and in-store. We guide our partners’ selection, production, distribution, and reverse-logistics. Our end-to-end collaboration improves our supplier partners’ marketplace availability, reduces their consumer prices, and improves delivery speed and quality for all their products for the home.
As a GM for Partner Operations, you will be responsible for supporting our partners and partner management teams to improve the availability of all products at Wayfair. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. Strong quantitative skills are required to analyze performance and efficacy of solutions, and due to the collaborative cross-functional nature of this position as well as high visibility with senior leadership, effective communication and presence are also highly valued. Structured prioritization and creative problem-solving skills are both essential.
Wayfair is growing quickly, and at the same time our global supply chain services are expanding rapidly, which introduces both more power and more complexity to the solutions we offer. Continuing to drive this rapid progress, will require a leadership team capable of building and executing strategy, developing innovative and high caliber teams, and partnering with suppliers at the most senior levels to advise them on making transformational decisions about the way they operate.
About The Role
We are looking for a General Manager to drive Product Availability across Wayfair’s entire North America business. You will lead a large cross-functional agenda spanning multiple Operations, Technology, and Analytics teams that radically improves Wayfair, supplier, and customer business outcomes. You will build and manage a high-performing team and, together with them, define a vision, tangible business outcomes, and a path to value. You will relentlessly execute against your objectives, playing the various roles of strategist, analyst, operator, marketer as needed.
Due to the high visibility of this role, the GM must possess a strong senior presence that will enable them to advise and persuade C-level leaders across Wayfair. Success in this role requires a combination of strategic and analytical thinking, an interest in solving business problems creatively, and an ability to execute and operate against key business objectives.
What You Will Do
- Own Product Availability for Wayfair in North America
- Fully own replenishment strategy, planning processes, planning override monitoring, management of inventory health, target-settings, cascading goals and strategies to categories, driving implementation of performance levers with our operations teams and our supplier operations teams, and improving availability performance
- Build world-class replenishment processes with full accountability for fast and flawless execution across a highly cross-functional team, influencing through direct and indirect reports and peers
- Act as subject matter expert for supplier facing teams, ensuring best practices are embedded throughout Partner Operations and those of our suppliers
- Partner with Tech teams to develop internal and supplier-facing tooling and experience
- Build a high performing, dynamic team that can operate with an independent mindset and execute on your vision in the context of rapid growth
- Move, and when necessary pivot quickly, by frequently diving deep into the performance of your business to understand what is and what is not working
- Prioritize resource allocation across multiple areas to balance short-term impact with the needs of longer-term initiatives
- Constantly keep an eye on best-practices from our competitors and others industries to ensure Wayfair remains in its leadership position
What You’ll Need
- 10+ years relevant experience, with the requirement to have led Product Availability at an eCommerce company – ideally across both Dropship and proprietary networks
- Demonstrated results on self-initiated vision/strategy, from opportunity identification to stakeholder alignment to delivered impact
- Proven experience directly managing high-performance, analytical teams to consistently meet KPI goals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent presentation skills and the ability to readily communicate complex technical issues/concepts to non-technical peers and executives
- Able to build relationships at all levels in the organization, influencing other teams’ roadmaps to include Product Availability priorities
- Able to mentor teams’ work, including setting priorities and thinking outside of the box for unconventional solutions to large scale challenges
- Intellectually curious, high energy, with a strong work ethic and a desire to work in a fast-paced, high stakes team environment. Ability to learn and act quickly, make decisions and draw conclusions in the face of ambiguity
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.