Blackstone is the world’s largest alternative asset manager. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $915 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, infrastructure, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow @blackstone on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $649 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Blackstone Innovations Profile
Blackstone Technology and Innovations (BXTI) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone’s businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency, and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies.
BXTI is nimble and entrepreneurial – our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team has the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge.
The Global Technology Support (GTS) team provides premier support for all services, hardware, and applications across the enterprise ensuring our professionals and clients have access to the resources they need. This role involves significant coordination across various teams throughout the organization. The Senior Vice President will be responsible for globally standardizing the full lifecycle of hardware and software assets, managing the operating expense budget, and allocation reporting. Additionally, this role will require a strategic leader who can also drive complex projects through to completion. The successful candidate will play a highly visible role and contribute meaningfully to the continued growth and innovation of the GTS team.
- Build and oversee the day-to day activities of the GTS team
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open and inclusive culture
- Forecast equipment needs based on personnel growth and maintain appropriate inventory levels
- Annually budget for hardware, personnel, and spend associated with planned projects and firm growth
- Own the hiring and staffing plan; using operational and project metrics, forecast headcount requirements and gaps in sub teams across GTS; execute on hiring needs
- Drive for quality and urgency across your team based on environmental metrics and KPIs
- Oversea the support operations of Blackstone’s US satellite office; collaborate across teams on the execution of office openings, relocations, expansions, and closures
- Proactively liaise with key personnel on issues, challenges and improvements while maintaining stellar responsiveness to inquiries from CAOs/COOs regarding tech hardware/support spend
- Monitor and manage a ticket queue, prioritize support tickets based on urgency
- Develop and own strategic relationships with existing and new vendors
- Partner with other Global Technology Support leads and across the Enterprise Technology team to proactively identify and track problems and enhancements to continuously improve user experience while developing a world class technology team
- Stay current on latest hardware models to ensure the firm is leveraging best in class technology
- Troubleshoot PC hardware and software issues on the following platforms
- Windows 10/Office 365
- Mac Os
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Computer Science or other applicable technical area.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience providing technical support in the financial sector
- Experience leading a winning team; outstanding communication, leadership and delegation skills
- Exceptionally strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Experience in troubleshooting Zoom, Windows 10, Mac OSX, IOS and the Office 365 application suite
- Experience providing “White Glove” customer service to senior executives
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with personnel at all levels, includes the ability to negotiate and push back with respect
- Proven initiative and follow through; an ability to work with little direction
- Knowledge of network technologies involving Local Area Networks, Home Networks, and VPNs.
- An ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Passion to learn and grow and bring value to the team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.
Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
Depending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following
- Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
- Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
- Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
- Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
- Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for m
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * must be completed to be considered for employment (although some can be answered “prefer not to say”). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.