Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C – see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote – United States only
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $75 – $120/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week – Long-term
What we look for in you:
- 7+ years developing multiplayer game servers or alike
- A clear understanding of multiplayer game frameworks such as colyseus or photon
- Great knowledge of how client and server should be designed from an anti-abuse perspective
- Deep understanding of database technologies and associated backend architecture
- Extensive experience shipping consumer-facing applications
- Meticulousness in the code you produce, including how you measure the success of each commit
- Excellent communication skills that enable you to explain what your code change means to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Passion for building an open metaverse platform that onboards millions of web2 users to web3!
Bonus point if:
- You have experience in cloud rendering related technologies.
- You have good knowledge of Unity WebGL client development and its complexity.
- You’re familiar with the crypto ecosystem (DeFi, NFTs, identity, staking, or more).
- You’ve worked in a startup environment.
- You speak and write in Korean.
What you’ll be working on
Our client is a crypto metaverse building on the Solana network with mass adoption in mind, they are creating a web-based 3D open world with varying levels of gamification integrated as well as opportunities for users to monetize via ownership of digital assets and social interaction. Their goal is to empower creators and communities to build, play, and earn — a world where users of all backgrounds can chart their journeys into a world beyond the physical.
They are looking for a passionate top-class game server engineer who can help bring their vision into reality. If you know all the details of how backend systems work for a large-scale metaverse and massively multiplayer online (MMO) games, believe scalable backend systems play a critical role in the metaverse experience in the next decade, and want to seize the opportunity of building what could possibly become one of the largest crypto-centric metaverse platforms in the world, they look forward to hearing from you!
What you will be doing:
- Work closely with the CTO, VP of Engineering, designers, game producers, and engineers to implement their open-world metaverse experiences.
- Design and implement the communication protocol between the Unity client and server.
- Design and implement game state management service.
- Design and implement leaderboard backend functionality.
- Interact with blockchain engineers and collectively decide what components should be on-chain vs off-chain
- Architect and implement off-chain stateless and stateful service components.
- Collaborate closely with in-house game developers to implement world game logic on the server side.
- Partner with SRE to ensure smooth deployment in production.
- Research and prototype new and upcoming metaverse technologies.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we’ll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.