Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. More than 10,000 customers cut their expenses by 3.5% per year and closing their books 8x faster by switching to the Ramp platform.
Founded in 2019, Ramp powers the fastest-growing corporate card and bill payment software in America and enables billions of dollars of purchases each year. Ramp continues to grow at an increasingly large scale, more than doubling its revenue run rate in the first half of 2022.
Valued at $8.1 billion, Ramp’s investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, General Catalyst, and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The Ramp team comprises talented leaders from leading financial services and fintech companies—Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Capital One—as well as technology companies such as Meta, Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Dropbox, and Instacart. Ramp was named Fast Company’s most innovative finance company in 2022.
About The Role
As a member of Ramp’s Fraud Operations team, you will analyze new account applications, monetary and non-monetary transaction activity for indications of first party and third party fraud. This role requires an understanding of fraud concepts, modes, data sources & tools and how these things can be used to drive a logical course of action. The role also requires the communication skills necessary to work directly with customers, external financial institutions and law enforcement.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze new account applications for indications of first party and third party fraud
- Investigate alerts and referrals for signs of fraud using internal and external data
- Review transaction activity, restrict accounts, and initiate recovery efforts
- Deep dive into individual fraud events to perform root cause analyses, document control breakdowns, and work with the strategy teams to improve fraud controls
- Work with customers, external financial institutions and merchants to recover funds from unauthorized transactions
- Review documentation such as bank statements, invoices, ID documents for signs of forgery or other fraud
- Document procedures and opportunities for process improvement
What You Need
- Minimum 2 years of experience in fraud prevention or investigations
- Experience within consumer/corporate/small business cards, payments, invoices, lending, or related industries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to Haves
- Experience with NACHA rules and regulations
- Experience in high growth startups
- Knowledge of SQL or Python
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. Based Employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- OneMedical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match)
- Please note only 401k contributions made while employed by Ramp are eligible for an employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- Annual education reimbursement
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Monthly wellness stipend; Headspace annual membership
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support