Who We Are
Puget Systems is located near Seattle, Washington. We design and manufacture solution-specific, highly reliable workstations and servers for content creation, engineering, and scientific computing. We are an established leader in our industry via our reputation and innovation. Our focus is on the success of our clients, and how our technology enables new and exciting advances in their fields.
Puget Systems was founded by Jon Bach in December of 2000. We have just over 60 employees and operate primarily out of our 14,000 sq foot building in Auburn, Washington, with a large amount of our workforce on a hybrid home/office schedule. We maintain a positive and energetic environment at Puget Systems, are unified in our mission to enable the work of our clients, and provide an unparalleled customer experience. We are a family friendly company and work to empower our employees and equip them with the tools needed to succeed.
More information about Puget Systems is available at https://www.pugetsystems.com
Where We Are Going
Our approach has been successful in generating ever-increasing demand, and we are excited that as we grow, we can have even more impact on our world. We are passing $40M in annual revenue, with over 100% growth in the last 2 years. We have consistently experienced 10-20% annual growth through our lifetime. As we grow, areas such as supply chain, inventory, workforce scaling, company culture, and cashflow are increasingly becoming areas of focus. We are looking for a Controller to join our senior leadership team, and to build out the next generation of accounting structure we need to support our growth.
What You’ll Enjoy
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus based on individual and company performance
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for you and your family members following one month of employment
- HSA plans with company contribution
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 4% company match and immediate vesting following one month of employment
- Paid time off and holidays
- Paid parental leave and medical hardship leave
- Ongoing training and employee development
- Flexibility to work part of the time from home
- Ability to help shape the company as we grow
Job Title: Controller
Salary: $100,000 – $130,000 annually (DOE)
Location: Auburn, WA
Up to this point, our company has been family owned and operated. We are looking for an experienced Controller to come in and take leadership of the financial part of our business. Our accounting process is highly automated, but needs oversight to ensure procedures are accurate and achieve our goals. We are looking for a self-motivated individual, who can join our senior leadership team to work productively and proactively to shape our company as it grows.
- Oversees the operations of the Accounting Department, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
- Creates processes for our inbound sales team regarding order processing and credit decisions, and is an escalation point for decision making and risk mitigation.
- Coordinates with our purchasing team regarding cash flow planning, vendor credit, and contract negotiations.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Ensures that our accounting practices comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Financial reporting and analysis with an emphasis on pricing decisions and profitability.
- Financial forecasting against upcoming company initiatives and expansion.
- Recommends and implements benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s performance.
- Reviews and approves high value POs and contracts.
- Produces the annual budget and forecasts; reports budget to actual variances monthly to management.
- Executes month-close and payroll with support from accounting staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Taxes and Compliance
- Calculates and remits multi-state excise taxes.
- Prepares or contracts preparation of federal taxes and deposits.
- Works with external auditors and provides needed information for an annual audit.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred
- 3+ years of Controller or Assistant Controller experience for medium sized businesses ($50-100 million annual revenue, 50+ employees preferred)
- Experience with compliance requirements for companies with 50+ employees
- Previous work in a manufacturing or e-commerce environment (preferred)
- Experience with multi-state sales taxes and payroll (preferred)
- Proficient in cloud-based accounting, tax preparation and reporting suites
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Takes ownership and accountability of your work
- Self-identifies areas of needs and takes initiative
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to mentor and teach others
- Strong analytical mindset
How to Apply
All candidates must submit a resume to be considered for this position. We give additional consideration to those who include a cover letter. We take our hiring process very seriously and in addition to giving us the chance to get to know you, we want our interview process to give you ample opportunity to determine if Puget Systems is the right place for you.
A background check will be run prior to hire. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other protected class.