American Homes 4 Rent
As one of the country’s fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (NYSE: AMH) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality, and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The Field Superintendent is responsible for facilitating and expediting the tenant turn process while ensuring Company property quality standards are maintained. Each Field Superintendent is assigned a portfolio of primary responsibility encompassing a designated assignment of single-family home units.
- Ensures that the property inventory is maintained to Company standards including by conducting tenant turns, move out inspections and monitoring general contractor vendor and subcontractor work. Manages this process ensuring compliance with company approved timelines and costs. Identifies required repairs and maintenance for long-term asset reservation purposes.
- Coordinates and conducts tenant move-out process including physical move-outs and key exchanges, assessment of property condition and completion of reports, work scope requirements and turn cost estimates in order to assist the Property Manager with security deposit reconciliation.
- Inspects general contractor vendor completed work and work-in-progress ensuring that workmanship conforms to specifications and adheres to Company standards. Ensures finished projects by verifying that all punch list items are completed within 2 to 6 days of work commencement. Directs general contractor vendors to take corrective action as necessary.
- Schedules and attends move in orientations and move out inspections. May be required to attend eviction property set outs and eviction hearings.
- Performs minimal self-work at properties utilizing appropriate tools and ladder in accordance to established processes and guidelines.
- High school diploma or GED strongly preferred or the equivalent of five (5) years of relative experience in Residential/Property maintenance or related experience required. Experience must include the use of:
- Basic hand tools (see list below)
- Power tools (see list below)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
- Experience using an Apple iPad preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of occupational hazards and safety methods (OSHA) required.
- Driver’s license required.
- HVAC experience/certification recommended.
- Associate degree or technical training certification desired.
- Experience with FiledOne and CRM desired.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English.
- Must be able to perform basic measurement and calculations.
- Must be able to lift/carry:
- 50 pounds to waist height
- 50 pounds to shoulder height
- 20 pounds above the head
- Must be able to climb ladders (A-frame and extension ladders) to perform:
- tree trimming with use of a using a handsaw or clippers
- removal of debris and leaves from roof gutters
- Must be able to use the following equipment: wrenches, claw hammer, Allen wrenches (SAE and metric), band cutters, wire strippers, needle nose pliers, channel locks, 3-foot level, torpedo level, multimeter (CAT III+), breaker bar, clamps and AC manifold gauge set
- Must be able to operate and maintain the following power tools: Cordless drill, Impact driver, Reciprocating saw (sawzall), Circular saw, Pressure Washer, Air compressor & air tools
Work where you feel right at home –
If you are a versatile professional who values culture, a concerted environment, and the potential for exponential growth, we want to work with you! Apply now and someone from our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you soon!
Make-ready, turns, apartment turns, rental turns, make ready technician, turn technician, maintenance technician, facility superintendent, apartment superintendent, residential superintendent, make readies
Information regarding AH4R’s collection and use of your personal information can be found at https://www.ah4r.com/employeeprivacy