Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
At Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in the moments that matter. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. Our work is very meaningful, impactful, and cutting edge and we invite you to explore it. We are the Best!
Motorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of professional mobile communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. The group’s main business is the implementation of mission critical digital mobile communication systems for Government & Public Safety Communications customers.
- Work Location is Japan***
- May live anywhere in the US with access to a major airport***
- Must be willing and able to obtain DoD Secret-level security clearance as required***
- If necessary, must be willing to relocate to Japan or the surrounding area***
This position is for a Motorola Field Service Technician (FST) to perform zone core maintenance which includes (but is not limited to) administering HP Servers, Juniper routers, the Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 environment, RedHat Enterprise Linux, HP Switch platform, McAfee Host Based Security System (HBSS) and the VMWare ESXi platform. Additionally, maintenance on remote RF and dispatch sites will be performed which requires extensive knowledge of Motorola’s leading Astro 25 LMR platform. This includes RF site optimization using advanced RF analysis tools.
- Must be willing to hit the ground running as a complex enterprise-level upgrade will begin shortly after being hired.
- Required to complete Standard Form 86 (SF 86) questionnaire for national security positions upon hire.
- Perform daily preventative and corrective maintenance on an enterprise communications system.
- Ensure the highest possible level of communications network operational availability.
- Maintain Motorola RF communications equipment including RF repeaters and base stations, and antenna systems under contract.
- Perform trunked LMR RF site preventative maintenance periodically.
- Provide technical support and end to end case management for cases generated by Motorola Network Monitoring and the end users.
- Manage spare asset inventory and performs regular inventory audits to reduce risks to operational availability.
- Perform routinely scheduled backups of critical data to ensure operational continuity in the event of a catastrophic failure.
- Collaboration with other contractors to resolve customer issues.
- Work at the physical customer location full time.
- Some travel of up to 25% annually may be required.
Required Technical Proficiencies
- Must be Proficient in Juniper routers and Junos.
- 2+ years in IT, networking, technician, field service, system technician/specialist.
- At least 2 + years of Networking (Wide and Local Area Networks) experience. Education or work experience may be substituted.
- Excellent knowledge and demonstration of hardware and software tools (network analyzers, PuTTY, WinSCP, etc.)
- Proficiency in administering HP ProLiant servers and iLO.
- Experience in deploying and administering VMware virtualization suites.
- Experience in performing RF trunking site optimization or be willing to learn this skill.
- A high degree of computer system and network troubleshooting aptitude is a must.
- Proficiency in administering Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, and Active Directory.
- Demonstrated experience working in IT production environments.
Preferred Technical Proficiencies
- Experience with or willing to learn Motorola’s proprietary software and hardware systems.
- Experience with one of the following: P25, LMR, Smartnet, SmartZone, RF infrastructure, ASTRO systems, radios and consoles is highly preferred.
- Experience with McAfee’s suite of security products and ePolicy Orchestrator is preferred.
Required General Proficiencies
- Bachelor’s Degree, OR Associate’s Degree plus four years of specialized experience, OR
- High school diploma plus eight years of specialized experience
- A good sense of teamwork is absolutely essential. Must be willing to work well with a cohesive team and be an excellent team player.
- Strong organization skills and a high attention to detail.
- Extensive verbal and written communication within the team and with the customer.
- Ability to use the Google Workspace suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Ability to use the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Must have strong self-management skills and people skills to work closely with Motorola’s customers as well as Motorola Sales, Engineering, Project Management, and customer service teams.
- Must be self-motivated and self-managed to perform the required duties at a distance from direct supervision.
- Must be able to solve customer problems quickly during stressful situations.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple concurrent responsibilities of varying priorities and shift focus from one to another with minimal loss of productivity or work quality.
Required Technical Certifications
- Must be willing to obtain CompTIA Security+ or CISSP certification within first 6 months of employment
- Must be willing to obtain ETA CET associate certification within first 6 months of employment
- Juniper JNCIA or better preferred
USFGMD Secret – ClearedJobs.net
- 4+ Years experience in one of the following: Electronics Technician, System Technologist, System Manager, or Field Service
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions’ customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits Include
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or, any other protected characteristic.