Requisition ID: 137000
Job Level: Entry Level
Home District/Group: Northwest District
Department: Project Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Field Engineer, you bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality and unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building “the next big thing” from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else. Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right.
Kiewit’s Northwest District is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington. We primarily perform heavy civil projects specializing in earth moving, transportation, roadways, water resources, and underground utilities. We are looking for hardworking individuals with a passion for construction who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty! Our current opportunities are spread across the entire west coast including Alaska and Hawaii.
We have projects across the west coast including Alaska and Hawaii, in large cities and small towns, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date. Must be able to travel and relocate as business requires.
- Support construction activities by planning, organizing and implementing the following functions: project controls system, engineering interface, subcontracts and materials management, purchasing and scheduling.
- Assist project management in expediting material deliveries, estimating and processing change orders, preparing monthly billings and preparing shop drawings.
- May serve as a discipline engineer or as a lead on a small project.
- Ability to travel and relocate as business requires
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a construction-related field of engineering
- Experience with leadership in some capacity
- Infrastructure/Heavy Civil project experience is preferred
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Previous internship experience is preferred
Other common names for this role: Office Engineer, Project Engineer, Field Engineer, Engineer 1, Engineer I
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.