Iowa City, Iowa, 52240
Bilfinger Industrial Services Inc. is part of the Bilfinger group, a leading engineering industrial construction and maintenance company. Whether the need is for e.g. a plant upgrade or for customized maintenance support or construction solutions to meet challenging site demands, Bilfinger Industrial Services Inc. provides tailor-made solutions to meet quality, cost, and schedules requirements. The company focusses on expanding, modifying, and maintaining existing plants. Bilfinger is a five billion dollar company with thousands of highly professional employees in the USA and worldwide.
Bilfinger Industrial Services, Inc. known as a leading provider of complex, comprehensive industrial services is seeking a CSA CMat our Iowa City, IA site location. This position requires a self-motivated individual to assist with the detailed planning, estimating and scheduling of maintenance/ construction work, and ensure work is executed in line with safety, cost, schedule, and quality targets, as well as corporate and client expectations. The scope of work associated with this role ranges from equipment & structural steel foundations, structural steel pipe bridges, mezzanine fabrication/erection, metal stud wall framing & wall finishes. All of which are in an industrial setting.
- Receive and review engineering information packages for constructability and completeness.
- Integrate multiple engineering information packages and develop detailed executional plans and other deliverables for the field labor, supervision and subcontracts.
- Ensure engineering information files and drawing files are maintained.
- Develop labor & material takeoffs for estimates.
- Issue & track POs for materials & subcontracts.
- Scheduling of crews and daily tracking of progress.
- Monitor field efforts to ensure they are completing the correct pre-work, review work in progress for correctness to engineering information & quality specifications and verify construction completion
- Interpret and resolve engineering discrepancies, interferences, etc. (coordinate field instructions between the craft and engineering support personnel).
- Coordinate your workplan with other discipline planners (Mechanical, Piping, Electrical, etc)
- Direct interface with Owner, Engineers, field supervision and subcontractors.
- The ideal candidate must have a 2-year associate degree with an emphasis in construction or industrial management and 2 years ofon-the-job experienceor 4 years of equivalent construction management work experience.
- Capable of handling multiple priorities simultaneously
- Accurately able to read blueprints & shop drawings
- Understanding of Lean Principles preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, time management and organizational skills are required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including MS Project.
- OSHA 10 or 30 Training preferred.
Please visit our website for additional company information at www.is-usa.bilfinger.com.
Bilfinger Industrial Services is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits including 401(k). A background check in compliance with the fair credit reporting act and a drug screening is required.
Bilfinger Industrial Services Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Fraudulent employment offers
We are aware that fraudulent employment offers are being transmitted via email by people claiming to be employees or representatives of Bilfinger. Prospective candidates are provided job descriptions and employment letters and are asked to complete and return employment information forms as well as official tax forms. These job offers may look genuine and could include names of Bilfinger legal entities, Bilfinger executives, their signatures, seals of authenticity, the Bilfinger brand and logo.
Please be advised that these communications are FRAUDULENT and are NOT sent from anyone within or affiliated with Bilfinger. These email messages are a scam and should be treated as such. Bilfinger does not make job offers via social media, unsolicited email or without personally interviewing candidates first. We never send you cheques in order to pay contractors to set up a home office. Never send money or pass on personal details to anyone suggesting they can provide employment with Bilfinger, and never reply to an email address that does not end in @bilfinger.com.
If you receive such a message, you are advised to contact your local law enforcement agency and provide any details you may have. You also may forward the messages to email@example.com.
If you are interested in an employment with Bilfinger, please submit your application in the safe environment of our global job portal only.
Nearest Major Market: Iowa City
Job Segment: Facilities, Manager, Help Desk, Information Technology, Fabrication, Operations, Management, Technology, Manufacturing