Yahoo is a global media and tech company that connects people to their passions. We reach nearly 900M people around the world, bringing them closer to what they love—from finance and sports, to shopping, gaming and news—with the trusted products, content and tech that fuel their day. For partners, we provide a full-stack platform for businesses to amplify growth and drive more meaningful connections across advertising, search and media.
The Event Technology Specialist position supports the planning and execution of company events which may include trade shows & conference sponsorships, client entertainment, internal company events, and virtual events. These events are closely aligned with the corporate marketing and sales strategy. This position will support various tasks as assigned on all elements of an event; including research, registration and list management, vendor relations, finances, and technology support to name a few. This individual must be a team player, who can multitask and is willing to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done. You’d be joining an energetic and collaborative award-winning team of creative event marketers.
- Responsible for providing technical and logistical support to our broader Events & Experiential team on in-person and virtual activations
- Serve as the technology solutions expert providing onsite and remote support to internal and external partners including AV setups, network config, streaming support and hardware support.
- Identify innovative solutions for IRL, Hybrid, and Virtual events
- Provides guidance and insight moving beyond a purely logistical role.
- Oversee the selection and deployment of event registration and virtual event production on approved event platforms
- Proficient in managing & executing against multiple priorities with tight timelines
- Clear understanding, working knowledge, and passion for solving issues with end user technology solutions including audio visual and networking technologies
- Customer first, solutions oriented.
- Experience working with global finance, procurement, and legal partners with the ability to gain a thorough understanding of our invoice, new vendor and contract submission processes
- Experience producing events to virtual and hybrid audiences on various platforms such as Zoom, Meet and BlueJeans.
- Has the ability to help troubleshoot a variety of technical problems including but not limited to end user help desk support, connectivity, WiFi, Google Drive/Meet, and Zoom.
- Minimum 2-3 years direct experience providing technology solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing related field
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
US Only: Please be aware that Yahoo requires all employees entering a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events) are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination to enter a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events). Yahoo is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.