Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Want to learn more about what it’s like to work at Handshake? Check out these interviews from our team members!
We are hiring across multiple locations in Northeast US, New England, and Mid Atlantic areas. If you are not in one of these locations, please apply to our remote role!
We’re looking for an Enterprise Account Executive to join our Employer Sales Team – showcasing Handshake as the premier way for top brands to recruit emerging college talent. You will be responsible for developing and delivering a stable book of business: prospecting, cultivating, and closing new accounts while growing existing customer relationships and helping Handshake hit growth and attainment targets. You will maximize revenue while producing value and brand awareness for hundreds of current and prospective clients across the country.
- Handshake can drive ideal candidates to their businesses
- Develop and cultivate deep relationships with senior executives at the Director, SVP, and VP levels
- Interact and collaborate across Handshake, engaging with the University and Student teams to build and grow our multi-sided talent marketplace
- Actively source and provide valuable market research, including industry-specific information and trends for customers and teammates
- Conceive and pitch creative recruiting solutions that match individual business needs
- Command, report and forecast sales activity – from prospecting target accounts and contacts to closing deals and growing existing relationships
- Update and create sales proposals, leading complex relationships with recruiting teams around the country
- Work closely with the Employer, Student, and University Product teams to gather, analyze, and understand customer requirements to develop product enhancements
- Generate scalable revenue and hit target quota on a quarterly and annual basis
- At least 3-5 years of sales experience in Enterprise SaaS sales and/or HR business development, minimum 1 year of Enterprise closing experience
- Experience operating in a high-growth business environment like Handshake
- A strong history of quota attainment and excellent performance on a high-reaching team
- Willing to work out of our office in New York City or remotely on the East Coast, with availability for domestic travel up to 40%
Bonus Areas Of Expertise
- Experience preparing sales proposals, forecasting, and account planning
- Knowledge of how online recruiting technology works – and the ability to explain it in ordinary terms
- Possess relationships with key HR decision makers at national Fortune 1000 companies and other top brands.
- Ability to successfully drive revenue and growth through the development of long-term strategic relationships with existing customers
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 650,000+ employers – from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. Earlier this year, we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and new valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, and London and teammates working globally. So, whether you live on the coasts, the midwest, or overseas, chances are we have a hub near you offering the best of both worlds.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What We Offer
At Handshake, we’ll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- ?Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- ?16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- ?Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- ?Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- ?Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- ?401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- ? All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Summer and Winter #ShakeBreak, two one-week periods of Collective Time Off.
- ?Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- ?Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
Benefits above apply to employees in full-time positions.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.