Carlisle Construction Materials (CCM), is a global leader in the building materials industry. We’ve been around since 1917. In just the past six years, our company has grown by nearly 70%.
The Engineering Unit Manager (EUM) is to be involved with the development, implementation, and installation of production-related capital equipment, systems, and facilities. You will work closely with business unit product managers, plant managers, and other service depts. to realize short term and long term strategies that will enhance productivity, efficiency, and profitability of operations within the assigned business unit. Tasks will encompass specification, design, procurement, and cost management throughout associated projects.
- Provide leadership, direction, and guidance to direct reports (staff engineers) and occasionally others in production support roles who will typically execute the tasks necessary to bring a given project to fruition.
- Prioritize and organize projects and tasks, the coordination of workflow, and supervision of the personnel under his/her engineering business unit.
- Overall project responsibility will be extensive including both technical and financial oversight with regular progress reporting.
- Develop and maintain staff productivity measures for internal assessment of performance and ongoing improvement opportunities.
- Serve as a practicing project engineer in some instances
- Recommend, specify, and procure systems, facilities and equipment for implement of projects
- Develop accurate cost estimates and schedules to accurately fund projects
- Provide field supervision and direction during install and start up of equipment
- Collaborate with other departments and key stakeholders
- Manage budget
- Bachelors degree in Engineering
- Strong project management skills
- Extensive experience as a project engineer within industrial/manufacturing facilities
- Demonstrated leadership experience managing direct and indirect reports
- Budget management and estimation experience
- Standard Monday – Friday work ours with the evenings and weekends required at times
- Overnight travel to plant facilities and vendors estimated up to 40% – this is self-directed and planned
- Office and plant environment
- Ability to sit, stand, walk regularly
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- Ability to read drawings
- Ability to hear for safety purposes
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel via air
When you join CCM, you’ll become part of a team that looks out for you, listens to your ideas and appreciates your work. We think we’ve got something pretty special here, and our employees seem to agree.
Employees also enjoy some of these great benefits!
Time off — Hard work should be rewarded. You’ll receive paid vacation and a generous amount of paid holidays.
Healthcare — We offer multiple options. Choose the one that fits your lifestyle. CCM picks up a generous amount of the cost.
Retirement Fund — Save for your retirement with a traditional or Roth 401k. We’ll match a portion of your contribution starting on your first day of work.
Training — We believe in being lifetime learners, so we offer dozens of training programs in the classroom as well as online.
Tuition Reimbursement — Ready to get the degree? We’ll pick up 90% of your tuition cost.
Idea Teams — You can be part of helping us solve some of our toughest challenges or developing the next break-through innovation.