Our Client is seeking an Engineering Manager/Java Developer for a fully-remote, Direct Hire/FTE position. The ideal candidate for this position should have at least 5-7 years of software development experience and at least 1-2 years (but not more than 5 years) of managerial experience.
- Manage and build a team of developers (start by inheriting 2-3 direct reports).
- Develop software – hands-on in Java, mostly on the back-end with some front-end work.
- 1+ year(s) of experience as a manager (current or recent), but not more than 5 years.
- 5-7 years of development experience with Java (mostly back-end).
- SQL Server experience preferred, NoSQL ok.
- Experience building REST API’s from scratch.
- Some front-end experience w/ Angular and React.
- Ability to effectively build team as a remote team player.
- Strong communication, organization and strategic planning skills.
- Microservices experience.
- Mongo, Cassandra, Kotlin, Jenkins, Kubernetes and/or Containerization experience.
- Ecommerce or Retail Shopping platform experience.
- Effectively able to manage and build team as a Remote Team Player