About Fisker Inc.
California-based Fisker Inc. is revolutionizing the automotive industry by developing the most emotionally desirable and eco-friendly electric vehicles on Earth. Passionately driven by a vision of a clean future for all, the company is on a mission to become the No. 1 e-mobility service provider with the world’s most sustainable vehicles. To learn more, visit www.FiskerInc.com – and enjoy exclusive content across Fisker’s social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. Download the revolutionary new Fisker mobile app from the App Store or Google Play store.
- Manhattan Beach, CA (Hybrid Work – In Office and Remote) is preferred.
- Remote – USA (Remote Work with business travel) is a possibility for the right candidate.
At the heart of Fisker’s visionary product lies a state-of-the-art powertrain – and you can play a central role in its delivery. The Powertrain Software team that you will be a part of will be responsible for the supervisory controller development including functional safety as well as benchmarking and characterization of competitor vehicles, dynamic modeling of Fisker products, powertrain performance test planning and execution.
The Engineer, Powertrain Controls will be responsible for responsible for developing and testing the software in MATLAB / Simulink model-based environment for the powertrain system’s supervisory controller software, including developing the software requirements and verification strategy from EV powertrain control function requirements, developing the software using MATLAB / Simulink modeling, and developing software unit level and integration level test plans.
Fisker is a fast-moving technologically focused startup, and in this context, you will need considerable flexibility and adaptability to deal with the rapidly developing requirements at the leading edge of EV powertrain implementation.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Analyze ePowertrain control and HV system function requirements, develop control function software requirements, and establish the traceability with system function requirements.
- Design the software and software components in MATLAB / Simulink model-based environment for the powertrain system’s supervisory controller.
- Perform the software integration in an AUTOSAR environment, including auto-code generation and software static testing and debugging.
- Develop the unit test procedures and construct the testing plant models to finish the unit level and integration level software testing.
- Support MIL, SIL, and HIL testing, including test environment setup and test case development and compiling.
- Support Calibration Engineers in performing analytical calibration through simulation.
- Build the software and support dyno and vehicle level testing and calibration.
- Develop documentations for the software and system technical specifications.
- Develop test procedures and plant models, and ensure software meets all requirements and guidelines.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field. Master of Science is preferred.
- 2 to 4 years of experience developing control system functional specifications and designing model-based and code-based algorithms for Powertrain supervisory controller using MATLAB / Simulink.
- Experience developing software requirements from system functional requirements.
- Experience developing analytical calibrations for controller functions and features.
- Experience developing software test plans and implementing software unit testing and integrated testing.
- Experience supporting MIL, SIL, and HIL testing, including test environment setup and test case development and compiling.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Experience in advanced control algorithms and diagnostic strategies for the powertrain system is preferred.
- Experience in simulation and development of plant models for electric vehicle components is preferred.
- Experience in embedded software development using C / C++ programming is preferred.
- Experience in system requirements management tools (e.g., JAMA, DOORS, Polarion, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience in using software data management and distributed version controls systems (e.g., Github, Gitlab, Bitbucket, etc.) is preferred.
- Knowledge or project experience in ASPICE software development process is preferred.
- Drive for Results: Drive for high performance, takes responsibility and works towards planning targets, overcoming obstacles, setbacks, and uncertainty.
- Business Acumen: Contribute to the company strategy and aligns the strategic priorities of own area with the direction and strategic priorities of the broader organization.
- Customer Centricity: Anticipates evolving customer needs and how to address them, doing the right thing in the right way.
- Decision Making: Makes timely, informed decisions that consider the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
- Analytical Thinking: Gather relevant information, identify key issues, compare data from different sources, and draw appropriate conclusions to arrive at appropriate solutions.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Facilitates Collaboration, actively engaging and to make joint decision and share best practices.
- Displays Global Perspective: Conveys an understanding of the organization’s global market position, opportunities, capabilities, and competitive threats and takes cultural issues and geographic differences into account when making plans and decisions.
- Must be willing to travel both domestically and internationally, as required.
- Must be willing to work overtime and on weekends where needed to meet deadlines and company goals.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. unassisted, bend, stretch, stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, walk, and/or run.
Fisker Group Inc. (“Fisker”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment at Fisker is governed by merit, qualifications, and professional competence. Fisker does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, national origin / ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity / expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information, pregnancy or related conditions, or any other basis protected by law.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application / interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.