TRC Advanced Energy (TRC) is a nationally known energy efficiency consultancy. TRC collaborates with clients to develop and implement market transforming programs and initiatives that promote energy efficiency, renewable energy, and green building in multiple market sectors across the US. These initiatives reduce energy costs, improve the health and safety conditions of buildings, while also helping the environment by reducing greenhouse gas emissions. TRC acts nationally to address some of our country’s most challenging problems: global climate change and energy independence.
TRC is ranked #17 on ENR’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms in the United States.
To Learn More About TRC, See The Link Below
TRC is seeking a Technical Services Manager to support the delivery of commercial energy efficiency programs in New Jersey. As a Technical Services Manager, you will possess hands-on technical abilities including knowledge of building systems, energy efficiency principles and calculations, and green building techniques. You will work collaboratively with internal teams and customers to deliver market-transforming programs that promote energy efficiency and greenhouse gas reduction. Your knowledge and understanding of energy efficiency principles, ability to provide supportive leadership, and desire to complete tasks on time and within budget will help you take the next steps in your career.
TRC is committed to promoting diversity and equity within the clean energy sector. Different backgrounds and perspectives are essential to the utility of the future, and we are committed to actively developing opportunities for candidates of color and from under-represented groups in the field of energy project management. We strongly encourage candidates from diverse and under-represented backgrounds to apply to this position.
This position is based out of the TRC New Brunswick, NJ office, but is currently full-time remote due to the pandemic. TRC cares about employee health, safety, and needs. We understand that some employees may have concerns about working in an office environment and we have taken steps to help you feel comfortable and safe. This position is currently designated as a Work From Home (WFH) position, under the guidelines outlined in our Work From Home (WFH) Policy. WFH arrangements may be revised or discontinued at the discretion of the company.
To be considered for this role, you must be a resident of New Jersey.
- Manage the development of and review calculations and assumptions used to estimate or measure savings due to energy efficiency projects.
- Develop technical reports that summarize project scope, calculation methodologies, key assumptions, and recommendations.
- Perform policy research on energy efficiency codes and standards at the state and federal levels for both current and future codes.
- Perform a wide range of analyses, including analysis of program and portfolio performance, measure-level performance, project-level performance, and program-level impacts.
- Perform benefit-cost analysis on prospective energy efficiency measures and programs in accordance with appropriate standards and guidelines.
- Justify and document technical decisions related to research planning and data analysis.
- Report and present findings, as well as actionable recommendations, to internal program planning and design team and the utility client.
- Collaborate with program management staff and client to meet program information and reporting needs.
- Research best practices for energy efficiency programs.
- Develop and maintain program documents and tools; perform document reviews.
- Track and analyze internal key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Develop and document data collection and tracking procedures.
- Support program evaluation process.
- Development of program forecasting and projections.
- Develop energy-based assumptions using regression or other data mining and modeling techniques.
- Use energy modeling applications and spreadsheets to evaluate energy savings.
- Assist in the development of technical standards, protocols and requirements for innovative energy efficiency and green building programs.
- Assist in the development and implementation of quality control and assurance procedures.
- Research, understand, and apply the principles of national standards such as ASHRAE, Energy Star, LEED, PHIUS, etc.
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
- Residency in the State of New Jersey.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management or Economics.
- 7 – 10+ years of experience within the industries of energy efficiency, green building, construction, environmental or resource management.
- Knowledge of building systems, energy efficiency technologies, green building, sustainability and/or high-performance design.
- Excellent oral and written communications (including technical writing) skills.
- Team-oriented, hands-on, adaptive, and client-focused.
- Previous management experience.
- Exceptional organizational, time-management, and planning skills.
- Excellent computer skills: proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Competitive Applicants Will Demonstrate
- Strong project management skills with the ability to set priorities, collect and document project requirements, successfully handle multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with modeling techniques related to energy or environmental planning.
- Desire to be a quick and eager learner of new material and think holistically through complex problems, with technical and non-technical components.
- Problem-solving ability with a proactive and collaborative style that works well in teams.
- Awareness of social, economic, and environmental contexts of statewide energy policies.
- Use of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) technologies and databases.
Travel: Up to 25% within the State of New Jersey.
TRC works at various Federal, State, and Local governmental agency sites and client projects that may require an employee to be vaccinated. As a condition of your employment, you may be asked to work on one of these projects and will need to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status through a secured portal/confidential process. While you are required to complete the form, consistent with the ADA you are not obligated to disclose your vaccination status. However, to the extent you elect not to disclose your vaccination status you will be considered unvaccinated which could impact your ability to perform work and remain employed at TRC. TRC will consider exemptions from vaccination for sincerely held religious beliefs and medical reasons where reasonable accommodations can be made in light of project and client specific requirements.
The recruitment process for this position will be completed in partnership with the PSE&G Clean Energy Jobs Program. Applications and resumes submitted for this position may be shared with third parties participating in the PSE&G Clean Energy Jobs Program. By submitting your application, you are giving TRC consent to share your application and resume (and all personal information contained therein) with the PSE&G Clean Energy Jobs Program. You may opt out of this process at any time, but please be advised that doing so may impact your candidacy for the position.
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
TRC Advanced Energy
(TRC) is a nationally known energy efficiency consultancy. TRC collaborates with clients to develop and implement market transforming programs and initiatives that promote energy efficiency, renewable energy, and green building in multiple market sectors across the US and around the world. These initiatives reduce energy costs, improve the health and safety conditions of buildings, while also helping the environment by reducing greenhouse gas emissions. TRC acts nationally to address some of our country’s most challenging problems: global climate change and energy independence.