We are a fast-growing, mission-driven fintech company that provides quality financial services for people whose needs go unmet by traditional institutions. It is an honor to wake up in the morning knowing that we have a profound impact on our customers’ lives, whether it’s our True Link Prepaid Visa Card saving a retiree from losing thousands of dollars to scams or our True Link investment advisory platform helping a young woman with a disability plan for her future while protecting her medical benefits.
As a Disputes Specialist, you will expertly investigate and resolve card transaction dispute claims. You will work with other members of the Dispute Resolution team, coordinate funds recovery with merchants, manage representments, and resolve customer dispute claims.
What You’ll Do
- Manage the end-to-end process of investigating card fraud and transaction disputes
- Understand and comply with True Link and partner bank policy, along with regulations and card network rules
- Conduct investigations into complex disputes and take appropriate actions to resolve them following True Link’s policies and applicable regulations
- File chargebacks in accordance with card network rules
- Communicate claim investigation findings to customers, and engage our customers with professionalism and empathy via email and phone to resolve claims, if needed
- Review our current operational processes and procedures, and suggest and execute improvements that improve our workflows and help us meet internal SLAs
- Manage reporting to our banking partner and internal stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with members of our high-performing customer support and operations teams
Who You Are
- At least 2 years of experience with the dispute management process for a fintech company or bank
- Working knowledge of banking operations, fraud investigations, and regulations related to disputes (ideally a strong understanding of Reg E and Visa Zero Liability)
- Interest in or experience with process improvement for back-office operations (ideally in a financial services environment)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for interfacing with customers, vendors, and internal teams
- Organized, detail-oriented, and thrive in a fast-paced environment with a high level of independence
- Strong Microsoft Office or Google Workplace skills
Why You’ll Love Us
- We’ve got the energy and passion of a startup combined with the professionalism of a financial services firm and the compassion of a mission-driven organization that truly cares about the people we serve.
- We’re just getting started! With fifty million Americans in our addressable market, we are growing quickly into a large financial services company that will be developing new products you will help us shape and take to market.
- We offer competitive wages, Health, Dental & Vision coverage, and an awesome vacation package.
- Our customers are not only grateful for our services but are the absolute best. We have the privilege of providing financial protection for vulnerable members of society and partnering with expert service providers to do so. Our customers and partners love us, and we love them back. You can sleep soundly every night knowing you are doing a really wonderful thing by getting our services into more hands.
- We treat one another like we treat our customers: with 100% respect and dignity. Diversity and inclusion are cultural values we take very seriously, and we welcome team members of all backgrounds and identities.
- This is a remote position, and you are welcome to work from anywhere in the US.
- We also have offices across the country and welcome you to work from our San Francisco or Kingston NY office as often as you would like.
- Our offices are dog-friendly and filled with snacks, catered lunch, and a group of friendly, caring people. For those of us working from home, we enjoy laughs with teammates and appearances of furry friends over Zoom or at in-person meetups.
If you are a high-performing person who wants to join a diverse, inclusive team and use your skills to make a real impact in people’s lives, we invite you to apply to join our team.