From detecting fraud, to eliminating bias in AI and improving customer experience, we believe data is key to a better future. Slalom’s Data & Analytics practice is looking for a strategic leader in Retail and CPG to help us realize our vision to create a better future powered by data, where every employee does more work they love, and we are recognized by our customers, partners, and analysts as the most visionary provider of D&A solutions.
Director – Data & Analytics, Retail and CPG
Slalom is looking for a leader to join our growing Data & Analytics team to drive to expansion of our Retail & CPG business in New York City. This is a highly visible and strategic leadership role based in NYC area. The responsibilities will be split between business and practice development, relationship management, engagement delivery and people management. Slalom is looking for someone with proven experience and fluency in at least two of the following skill groups to deliver measurable value at Retail and CPG clients; data science, data visualization and / or data engineering.
What You’ll Do
- Thought Leadership: Provide differentiated perspectives with a Data and Analytics lens on topics such as Customer Research & Insights, Customer Experience, Omnichannel Strategy, Customer Data Strategy, Marketing, Sales, and Service Transformation, serving as a subject matter expert and evangelist
- Practice Building: Drive the expansion of our Retail D&A cohort. Identify opportunities for growth/maturation of offerings and set the direction for that growth. Advance retail as a discipline and practice, building and pulling in state-of-the-art methods from external and internal expertise.
- Business Development: Maintain a productive network of relationships within New York City, including at the C-suite level, lead business development activities, and expand relationships and opportunities at existing Slalom accounts. Lead pursuit activities, solution development, negotiations, and contracting on relevant projects and develop these skills in others
- Engagement Management: Oversee Data & Analytics engagements for all of our Retail and CPG clients – from planning and executing related research to synthesizing inputs and building phased roadmaps
- Manage engagement risk, project economics including planning and budgeting, managing accounts receivable, defining deliverable content, and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from top management at the client
- Team & Personal Development: Maximize team performance through an effective team approach that increases productivity and job satisfaction
- Enrich Slalom’s culture and exemplify our core values on a day-to-day basis
What You’ll Bring
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in data engineering, data visualization and / or data science
- 5-8 years of experience in the consulting industry including Retail and/or CPG
- Proficiency in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform, Microsoft or Google Cloud Platform (GCP) with a data and analytics lens
- Ability to communicate clearly and present to senior leadership/executives
- Experience with people management and engagement delivery
- Experienced in domains such as customer experience, marketing, product development, supply chain, and 360 view of the customer
- Experience with an established management consulting firm and/or a data and analytics role within the Retail or CPG industry
- Excellent relationship-building, negotiation, conflict management, problem solving and decision-making skills
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In 40 markets around the world, Slalom’s teams have autonomy to move fast and do what’s right. They are backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world’s top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 9,000 employees. Slalom has been named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For five years running and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
Slalom prides itself on helping team members thrive in their work and life. As a result, Slalom is proud to invest in benefits that include: meaningful time off and paid holidays, parental leave, 401(k) with a match, a range of choices for highly subsidized health, dental, & vision coverage, adoption and fertility assistance, and short/long-term disability. We also offer additional benefits such as a yearly $350 reimbursement account for any well-being related expenses as well as discounted home, auto, and pet insurance.
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.