The Relationship Manager is an integral member of the business unit. To be effective, you will uncover business partner needs and opportunities by proactively developing a deeper understanding of business partner goals and challenges. With this understanding of the scope of the business partner, you’ll identify and implement strategic solutions that influence positive outcomes. You will also deliver impactful thought leadership and expertise regarding key industry topics that include product, platform, technology, operations, and business management principles. Within your role you will be asked to present to senior management of both FFIO and the business partner as it relates to the strategic objectives and key initiatives.
With your knowledge and commitment, you will become a collaborative and resourceful member of our regional team, sharing insights and driving successful regional results.
Within the Relationship Management Team this role will report to the Vice President, Relationship Management Oversight.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
To be successful in this role, you will have experience working within a large organization, being entrepreneurial and scrappy, and building new relationships and partnerships
- 7+ years of successful relationship management and or client support
- Experience in the financial services industry, particularly the advisor market
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Prior entrepreneurial experience and/or panel management experience desirable
- Strong team orientation with deep knowledge of financial services, advisory business models and the accompanying support of the ecosystem or ability to build that knowledge quickly
- Experience in maintaining relationships both internally with other groups in a complex organization
- Ability to track and manage interactions in CRM tools such as Salesforce
- Demonstrated success developing, managing partnerships and leading collaboration efforts
- Capability to interact effectively with senior leaders across FFIO and with business partners
The Value You Deliver
- Own the relationship end to end – including Change the Business (CTB) and Run the Business (RTB) priorities. Leads Strategic Assessments and New Service Requests
- Manage and monitor business partner (BP) satisfaction, including BP feedback thru the BP Health survey process
- Point of Contact for all Escalated and Strategic Items. Role includes initiating strategic business discussions with clients and staying informed of critical operational issues
- Run point on FFIO Incidents (including BP communication and triage incidents with Risk Team)
- Organize BP engagement model including Running the Executive and Monthly Relationship Meetings
- Gathers Input for BP Health and Reporting to Address Concerns and Share Feedback
- Primary relationship management responsibility for a sophisticated BP portfolio. Actions include: monitoring successful execution of solutions and collaborating to keep projects and initiatives on track
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working.”
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.