Gigamon, recently certified as a Great Place to Work, helps the world’s leading organizations run fast, stay secure and innovate. We provide the industry’s first elastic visibility and analytics fabric, which closes the cloud visibility gap by enabling cloud tools to see the network and network tools to see the cloud. With visibility across their entire hybrid cloud network, organizations can improve customer experience, eliminate security blind spots, and reduce cost and complexity. Gigamon has been awarded over 90 technology patents and enjoys world-class customer satisfaction with more than 4,000 organizations, including over 80 percent of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of government and educational organizations worldwide.
Gigamon is seeking a Sr. Product Manager/Product Management Director for Cloud to play a vital role in our product line management team focused on Visibility and Security for workloads in the private and public cloud. The person in this role will be the “product CEO” for this domain, with the responsibility to drive, manage and enable product success from ‘vision’ to ‘bookings’. The right candidate will be a strategic team player with demonstrated excellence in understanding market and customer needs, collaborating with other stakeholders to develop product strategy and translate that strategy into world-class products in the area of public and private cloud
The ideal candidate would have an excellent understanding of Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google) and Private Cloud (VMware, OpenStack, Nutanix) technologies, and market dynamics.
The candidate must have an appreciation of the key challenges facing IT and security teams deploying virtualized solutions in their private cloud or migrating to the public cloud with the ability to think, operate and balance priorities in extreme dimensions—strategic and tactical, long-term and near-term, architectural supremacy and financial objectives, inbound product management and outbound customer-facing roles, with the ability to understand market needs, evangelize our target solutions and be able to embrace 360-degree ownership of products.
(S)he should have outstanding communication skills and relationship building skills with the ability to communicate and influence at multiple levels internally and externally. The candidate would lead the organization to translate strategy into action with excellent cross-functional project leadership skills, strong and detailed product definition skills, rigorous prioritization skills and an outstanding track record of results creating market success with new solutions.
If you love being at the intersection of Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Sales, Service, Partners and customers, blending innovation and experience to create new businesses, and like working in a fast-growing dynamic organization, then this is the place for you!
- Own the product strategy for cloud (private and public) visibility products that will be sold to xOps teams in multiple industry verticals. Responsibilities span market analysis to identify market gaps/needs, value proposition development to identify new products and capabilities, build business case for new programs.
- Establish and manage product strategy to maximize opportunity realization.
- Product Definition and Roadmap. Collaborate with sales engineering, customers, CTO, CISO, Sales and R&D to define product strategy, customer-centric use cases and translate them into target product requirements.
- Understand ‘Voice of Customer’ and interpret with focus on product evolution, expansion or revolution. Perform market analysis to identify opportunities to improve customer experience when managing Gigamon, to quantify market opportunities for growth and champion them internally.
- Make judicious objective choices on priorities to maximize the return on investment for Gigamon
- Product ‘cradle-to-grave’ Lifecycle Management. Drive, manage and enable product success from ‘vision’ to ‘bookings’. Maximize Product margin-$ through effective initial and on-going price evaluation
- Collaborate with the engineering team to translate product strategy into a defined set of solution capabilities to be built
- Serve as the subject matter expert in the product management team and Gigamon for cloud to evangelize Gigamon’s solutions externally in front of customers and partners, and internally in discussions with the CMO, Sales and Engineering teams.
- Have a talent for understanding highly technical concepts and translating them into intuitive messages that will resonate with Gigamon customers and prospects.
- In collaboration with other peers in the marketing team, support creation of compelling sales enablement and customer-facing assets conveying the Gigamon message, including: presentations, white papers, web pages, battle cards, sales playbooks, blogs, press articles and promotions.
- Provide account-specific support to the global field team to strengthen customer relationships and secure new business for Gigamon.
Desired Skills And Experience
- MS in Engineering. MBA strongly preferred.
- At least 10+ years of product management and product marketing experience in the field of virtualization and cloud technologies, with a mix of experience in both established companies and start-up/challenger environments
- Ability to balance product requirements with financial objectives by making sound business choices and make the necessary priority calls. Ability to translate innovative ideas into successful products, where success is measured by revenue generated from the products brought to market
- Deep understanding of Cloud and Virtualization technologies: Experienced with developing cloud products for AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud and/or private clouds enabled by VMware ESX/NSX, OpenStack, Nutanix.
- Familiar with containerized applications and micro service architectures
- Experience with defining and building Orchestration and Automation solutions