This is an exciting time at Superconductive. We are building a SaaS product that helps teams adopt Great Expectations, a shared, open standard for data quality. With Great Expectations, teams can efficiently profile data, create and monitor data quality tests, and build shared dashboarding and monitoring capabilities for their organization’s data quality. The SaaS product provides a hosted solution with easy configuration and improved collaboration.
We are looking for a passionate leader to grow Superconductive’s product organization, prioritizing and building the features that provide value to both the existing community of open source contributors and new customers.
As Director of Product reporting to the VP of Product, you will lead a product portfolio, manage and mentor other product leaders, and own the product life cycle for much of the overall portfolio. You will work cross-functionally to ensure that the entire organization is aligned on the product vision, strategy and goals.
Why join Superconductive?
Glad you asked!We offer…
- A world class team, with deep roots in open source, cutting-edge software and data development backed by some of the best open source and data infrastructure investors in the industry: Index, CRV, and Root Ventures. We are actively cultivating a new cultural blend of excellent data engineering and AI-enabled technical workflows.
- A fast-growing company with lots of opportunity for learning and personal growth.
- A front-row seat to the rapid evolution of data science and engineering. Data work is going through a renaissance, and—as the leading provider of a key piece in the new technology ecosystem—Superconductive is right in the middle of it.
- A kind, curious, and open-minded company culture. We are always seeking ways to improve ourselves and our processes; we keep these conversations open to the whole team. We prioritize empowering our team members rather than a command and control hierarchy.
- A distributed team with lots of flexibility around timing and individual work preferences. We currently have teammates in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin. We’d love to add your state.
- And of course, competitive compensation (base salary + equity package) with available Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K.
- Passionate about the data space
- Minimum of five (7) years of SaaS and B2B product management experience
- Experience building and coaching a team of product managers
- Experience leading multiple product and engineering initiatives at growth stage technology startups, and collaborating with multiple Agile teams
- Demonstrated ability to lead relationships with other parts of the organization.
- Outstanding ability to process and synthesize information that comes from a wide variety of sources: users, data, personal experience, partners, competitive diligence, etc. etc.
- Ability to frame the right questions, using data, anecdotes, and opinions
- Good product sense – ability to make good product decisions in presence of uncertainty
- Excellent communication — be able to convey an idea succinctly and clearly in writing, in person, and on Slack
- Track record of leadership, inspiring and rallying teammates around a goal
- Effective within a company culture of transparency, cooperation, and mutual support in the context of an entirely distributed team
- Ability to effectively collaborate with engineers and designers
- Empathy with customers – you are able to see the world through the customer’s eyes
- Track record of shipping – you have shepherded a particular module (or an entire product) all the way from an idea to production
Stand Out Attributes
The best candidate will have:
- A technical background, such as experience as a Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Data Engineer, Software Engineer
- Previous experience with Open Source Software development
- Previous experience working on tools aimed at developers
- Previous experience working at a company that effectively executed a product-led go-to-market strategy
- Nuanced understanding of the evolving landscape of data tools and workflows
Superconductive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with Federal law and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 22.1800, the selected candidate will be required to provide documentation that will verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Please note that while the position is remote, we currently require applicants to be located in the United States and cannot offer visa sponsorship at this time.