Who We Are
Vial’s mission is to run clinical trials with faster execution and higher quality to bring new therapies to market. We are building infrastructure that powers faster execution of clinical trials and higher quality data. Vial’s vision is to empower scientists to cure all human disease.
Vial’s co-founders (Simon Burns and Andrew Brackin) were early team members at $10B+ startups Robinhood, Opendoor and Newfront. Our early team is made up of experienced technology and operations leaders from Apple, Google, Faire, Chime, TPG Capital and other leading technology companies.
Vial was founded in Oct 2020 and has grown the team to over 100 across all areas of the business. Come join us on our adventure to reimagine clinical trials.
What You’ll Do
We’re looking to hire a Director of BD with a genuine passion for clinical research and building meaningful relationships with Vial’s clients. Reporting to the Head of Sales, the Director of BD will collaborate with the sales and proposals / contracts teams to support various aspects of the sales cycle in a full service CRO environment, help support the sales activities for the CRO Business Unit, including market research / lead generation and support, proposals, and contract development (all types), and being a company ambassador for Vial at industry conferences and other events.
This role is fully remote, based anywhere in the US. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide sponsorship to work in the United States.
- Perform continuous searches through the web, paid search engines, existing contacts, and other available resources to identify potential targets worldwide relating to Vial’s service offerings and core competencies.
- Manage and lead assigned client accounts to ensure Vial’s target market has a deep understanding of our value-added clinical development services.
- Participate on or lead client calls/ meetings to best position Vial to clients and prospective targets.
- Track and maintain new leads in Vial’s CRM to ensure all relevant information is captured in a complete and timely manner.
- Assist in the development of client proposals to ensure efficient and on time delivery in response to RFPs (requests for proposals) and RFIs (requests for information), and any related deliverables.
- Collaborate in the development of project budgets and client bid grids, as needed, in response to RFP deliverables.
- Assist in the preparation of formal client bid defense meetings, and attend these meetings when appropriate.
- Represent the company at conventions, symposia, industry meetings and special events, as needed.
- Create and distribute periodic sales reports to ensure timely and effective communication of key sales metrics to internal stakeholders.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis / generates reports as requested by management, to track and maintain key performance metrics related to sales, forecasting, budgeting, competitive pricing, and competitive offerings.
- Maintained and enhance technical/clinical knowledge on company services to the extent necessary to effectively communicate with clients and prospective clients.
Who You Are
- A driven sales professional with at least 5+ years experience in the same or similar role in the life sciences industry
- Experience in Ophthalmology CRO sales roles is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a business or scientific discipline
- Master’s Degree in business or sciences is a plus
- Able to rise to the challenge and help us build a leading service provider to life sciences companies
Why You’ll Love Working At Vial
We are innately curious. We found our calling in clinical trials after learning the pain points directly. It is our curiosity that propels us to keep building, finding new challenges, and fulfilling our vision of reimagining clinical trials.
We believe in autonomy . Team members do their best work when given autonomy. In order to make an impact on the scale of the Vial vision, we built our culture to enable each Vial team member to feel ownership of their domain.
We take pride in building mastery . We believe in building master in a craft. Craftsmanship, a pride in one’s craft, is key to prolonged engagement on a difficult challenge. Vial’s culture is one of highly autonomous, deeply focused experts working on an immensely hard problem together.
Our strength is moving fast and staying humble . We believe that if we build a team that is intellectually honest, that we stay nimble and keep an open mind to all solutions – we’ll be adaptive and solve the problems that face us at every turn.
Competitive Equity Compensation
Health, Dental and Vision