BrightStar Care of Bethesda and Silver Spring is seeking a Director of Business Development.
The Director of Business Development (DBD) will execute a detailed sales and marketing strategy to cultivate new and existing relationships to increase agency revenue. The DBD will have a strong presence in the community and will actively promote the BrightStar Care Brand. They will oversee the development and management of our online and digital marketing strategy to establish and maintain contacts that will develop into sales leads. This role requires an individual who is results-oriented, a natural leader, high-energy, self-driven, and outside-the-box thinker and who shares our core values.
What BrightStar Care offers you:
BrightStar Care of Bethesda and Silver Spring is a well-established Home Care agency with existing market share and an impeccable reputation for quality service. A collaborative team environment, a sincere interest in the well-being of clients and employees, as well as a “can do” culture makes this a highly rewarding place to work.
Additionally, excellent benefits packages are offered, including:
- Proven on-the-job training programs
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Paid Time-Off
- Part of a team with nursing oversight
- Company provided mobile phone and laptop
- We promote from within
- Consistently recognized by as an Employer of Choice
- Consistently recognized as Provider of Choice
- The Joint Commission Enterprise Champion for Quality 8 YEARS RUNNING!
What you’ll be doing:
- Meet or exceed established sales targets for the owned territories.
- Meet or exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Develop and execute a sales strategy to achieve organizational sales goals and revenues
- Set individual sales targets in collaboration with the sales team
- Track, collate and interpret sales figures
- Control expenses and monitor budgets
- Analyze data to identify sales opportunities
- Drive Brand awareness by creating and nurturing relationships with health care professionals (referral sources) through face-to-face sales interactions as well as through email, social media, direct marketing and networking.
- Discover the needs of prospective referral sources and clients and effectively communicates the benefits of our services that meet those needs. Educate referral sources about BrightStar Care services as they relate to industry changes, specific clinical programs and capabilities, outcomes and appropriate referrals.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Meet with key health care professionals and foster preferred provider status with proven referrers.
- Maintain timely and accurate records on all prospective and active referral sources via ABS and Zoho Customer Relationship management tools.
- Oversee digital and social media marketing efforts through Zoho CRM and other platforms.
- Oversee development and implementation of an online reputation management program, driving reviews from customers on Google and Facebook.
- Face-to-face sales interactions post-pandemic are expected to be in the 30-40 per week range for DBD. In conjunction with those outside sales calls, maximize office time by utilizing phone, email, virtual meetings and digital marketing to drive referrals by building and maintaining referral relationships.
- Oversee and evaluate market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Demonstrate open and effective communication with the sales team, operations team, clients, family members, the franchise owner, consultants engaged in supporting the agency, colleagues, caregivers, and referral providers/care providers.
- Work with referral sources to ensure strong communication and satisfaction, including making presentations to health care professionals, local organizations, fiduciaries, Trust Officers, physician/health care groups, etc. Establishes a strong working rapport with health care professionals in the territory.
- Provide after-hours support on occasion for our referral partners and prospective clients (including evenings and weekends) – this support may include e-mail, telephone and/or home visits.
- Join and attend area networking and chamber groups, where appropriate.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you offer:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience in sales, case management, healthcare or in a metric-driven environment required.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of health care in home and institutional setting.
- Experience with creating and sharing content via social media and digital marketing required.
- Results-oriented with a drive to achieve success.
- Demonstrates exceptional interpersonal skills, leadership skills, multi-tasking and problem-solving.
- Presents well to referral sources, clients and peers.
- Ability to choose appropriate, effective ways to communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
- Comfortable with closing/asking for business and coaching others to do the same.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment and exhibits a sense of urgency.
- Exhibits outstanding organizational skills and a service attitude towards the community.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information and sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Requires valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and insurance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.